• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

06 Dodge Diesel AUTO?

Cop Candy

Im looking for a truck to tow my 20 foot trailer and Toyota around. I found a couple at sea port auto, One I was about to go and look at today and I re checked the pictures online and it had manual windows.

I re-looked around online and I seen this one ill post a link to in a bit. Its a dually which isn't really what I wanted for a couple reasons being,- The extra width driving around/ parking. Extra 2 tires to buy when you need new ones, also when your lifting a truck your selections goes down on tires.

I like the overall look on it but I wanna know from people in the pnw how their trucks have held up and handled the power while having an auto. I hear lots of diffrent stories on what is better from people I know around but never a real REASON...
Ill be looking at this truck tomorrow around 2 pm.... Thanks

http://www.usedcarmarketwholesale.com/en_us/unitDetail.asp?Unit=318459
318459_a.jpg

the width of the truck means nothing, you get used to what you drive. As far as the auto goes, that 48re will handle stock power just fine, if you are wanting slightly more, it still does well. But every tranny, regardless of the manufacturer has it's limits.. What exactly do you want from the truck, power wise?

the width of the truck means nothing, you get used to what you drive. As far as the auto goes, that 48re will handle stock power just fine, if you are wanting slightly more, it still does well. But every tranny, regardless of the manufacturer has it's limits.. What exactly do you want from the truck, power wise?
I don't want to much power, enough to handle heavy loads. Right now all I have to tow is my toyota but im sure there will be stuff in the future I need to pull, and I wanna be able to be some of the little cars out there.. Also I wanna have the turbo turned up enough to where I can smoke out a biker in the middle of the road if I need to but not do it to every car behind me...
As for the width I used to drive a chevy dually back in highschool and I drive a box van every day.

The autos in those trucks is plenty strong. If yer gonna tow lots and tow heavy, an aftermarket torque converter would be a good idea, but you're not talking about towing very heavy. Buddy of mine has one with an Edge that he's put 70k miles on, and lots towing a 12k# toy hauler. As long as you keep it reasonable, it'll hold up just fine.

That red truck is a good looking truck just like it sits. Why would you want to lift it?.....
I know, off topic.........continue.:corn:

Manual windows :eeek: Really your passing on a truck that suits your needs because it has manual windows.:eeek: Jeeze what did we do when we had to roll up windows and push door lock buttons and damn moving the seat back was a real pain. :haha: Sorry man I know their nice to have but really its a truck or at least they used to be trucks :booo:

Manual windows :eeek: Really your passing on a truck that suits your needs because it has manual windows.:eeek: Jeeze what did we do when we had to roll up windows and push door lock buttons and damn moving the seat back:
Taking consideration how much these trucks cost I would pass also if it didn't have power windows. 2500 yes, but 25,000+ a truck will have all the options I Would want. Your still living in the 60s Jimmy.:D

W

Im looking for a truck to tow my 20 foot trailer and Toyota around. I found a couple at sea port auto, One I was about to go and look at today and I re checked the pictures online and it had manual windows.

I re-looked around online and I seen this one ill post a link to in a bit. Its a dually which isn't really what I wanted for a couple reasons being,- The extra width driving around/ parking. Extra 2 tires to buy when you need new ones, also when your lifting a truck your selections goes down on tires.

I like the overall look on it but I wanna know from people in the pnw how their trucks have held up and handled the power while having an auto. I hear lots of diffrent stories on what is better from people I know around but never a real REASON...
Ill be looking at this truck tomorrow around 2 pm.... Thanks

http://www.usedcarmarketwholesale.com/en_us/unitDetail.asp?Unit=318459
318459_a.jpg

my buddy had a truck just like that forsale . its a 6 speed with twin turbos , i think he was talking 28k Canadian ,

shoot me a pm and ill get you his info , its a Texas truck and is 20 min north of the boarder

I tend to lift stuff.. Being a dually it does look good but its only going to do so well in the winter time and when I want to use it the more agressive and larger tire would be nice... Ive seen alot of lifted duallys around portland.. I just want enough to fill the truck out and be able to tow.

I dont want to spend 25 k on a truck that has manual windows on it.. It seems kinda out dated, But the dealership said they would install power windows and locks. So I went and drove it and it was really nice better then the last one I TD. It also had break controller, cb and a pak break so I wonder what type of truck it was used for before.. Its really clean no dents inside is nice just needs an air freshener

I dont want to spend 25 k on a truck that has manual windows on it.. It seems kinda out dated, But the dealership said they would install power windows and locks. So I went and drove it and it was really nice better then the last one I TD. It also had break controller, cb and a pak break so I wonder what type of truck it was used for before.. Its really clean no dents inside is nice just needs an air freshener

Thats cool. I was going to say that their not hard to install. I have done a couple of aftermarket kits but if the dealer is willing to do it thats great:cheer:

How much would you say it would cost to install. Are the plug ins already there so basically all you would have to do is get the switches? Also the hvac panel doesnt light up. Is that how the basic model is?

there are so many trucks out there. dont start converting stupid **** like power windows, what a waste of time. take advantage of this economy. you will score a nice truck.

Well as long as they install it and its still clean looking Ill be ok with it. I liked everything else on the truck besides that.

Well looks like I ll have to wait a little bit longer.. Trade in vaules are not very good So I will have to sell my car on my own..Then look for a diesel again

Back