• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2.2 VSmile.... my first!

Knok2222

The other day I started my first 2.2 build. IM broke so its a buget build, and I have yet to find axles to go under it. We will see I had a Losi buggy that im robbing for all the parts. here are a few pics of what I have so far...

102_1622.jpg

102_1623.jpg

Then yesterday I mounted the losi trans in it just to see where everthing will sit.

102_1629.jpg

102_1630.jpg

Well it might have worked forever but I always take chances like that, and they always bite me in the arse. SO going with the safe than sorry method i rigged somthing up over coffee and chips! Check it out and tell me what you think. If ya ask me she aint moving nowhere. A solid 3 point mount.
102_1640.jpg

102_1641.jpg

sorry for dark pics. cam wouldnt focus with light on it.

I got the sw2 roller today. looks like it had barley been run at all. lots of nice parts on it. I think ill be keeping it. :cool:
102_1657.jpg

but on the other hand ive made a terrible mistake.... :tantrum: I am going to need a speed controller. The novak GTX that I have is a racing foward only ESC. I dont know how i looked over that, but it only took 2 seconds to remember. SOOO ill be putting that in the for sale section or trade for somthing of equal or lesser value.
I also need a rear stear lockout, wont be using that at any comps. the shocks are not very good at all and way too stiff. I wish there was a way to use the aluminium outputs from the pede on the stealth.

anyway any racers want to buy or trade for a nice ESC????

The SW2 was a Tank compaired to my VS with the stealth in it. I will have to redo my top links. I think ill get some threaded rod today to make my rear steer lockout. and then im going to thread my own upper links. Baught this damn tap n die set, might as well use them. Got another set of drill bits last night.

One thing I did notice is the wheel on the front axle seems to wobble. Its bolted on correctly, so what it looks like it, maybe a bent stub shaft? Looking inthe hub I noticed that he has the chrome axles in there inner and outer. These stronger than the stock pop metal ones? Anyway its bent pretty bad, but ill just leave it for now.

...the last you'll see of the sw2!

After putting the bottom links to the VS chassi I noticed another problem. There is no way Ill be able to use them either. They are way to long and would make the wheelbase closer to 15" SOOOO back to the drawing board. I think ill make a frame jig out of a ruler like I had seen somwhere else.. hmmmmm then Ill be able to cut links to the apropriate size without the hassel.

102_1660.jpg

102_1662.jpg

Well I did get a makeshift jig together out of a yard stick. I drilled holes through each side to measure 12 1/2" of wheelbase. That sure isnt much. Ive got my chassi suspended at like 3" from the ground. Now I dont know where to measure off of to make links.. actually start'n to make me crazy.. if I dont know where they mount to I cant make them. and keep'n these damn axles where they will actually sit is a pain. I think I need to wait till I have a bench to work on rather than try to do this on my computer desk

what are some techniques you guys have used to set up your links?

well im ruffing it out and I think im getting somewhere. Using the spare links iv accumulated over the last year ive managed to get a "moch up" going and then i can copy the length of what I have. I want to run the axles offset, as if i were to take a stock rig and just stretch the rear. I think ive seen stuff like that before. Calling it like a 60/40 kit or somthing? im not sure what percentage mine is going to be but its looking like it will work... pics in order? sure!

My messy little work area
102_1663.jpg

102_1664.jpg

102_1665.jpg

As it sits right now it looks like I need more caster. I was paying to much atention to my pinion angle which doesnt matter that much and ended up pointing the nose down into the ground. My question is... would it be better to shorten or move the upper links or lengthen the bottom?

Made the moch up bottom links a little longer and moved the mount on the upper links. Actually seems to work ok. Good rigid front end, not a lot of articulation, but thats what I wanted. The rear will do all the bending....
102_1668.jpg

102_1667.jpg

102_1666.jpg

Back