• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

302 vs HO 302?

JEEParon

what are differences between the HO 302 (~early 90's mustang) compared to a fi 302 (explorers etc) and are they part interchangable? for a example a supercharger kit for a 5.0 mustang being put on an '01 explorer:stirpot:

Explorer motors have different front accessories, are OBDII, DIS, and have GT40P heads.. They are pretty much better than an older 5.0 HO other than the hyperpathetic pistons. (87-92 HO had forged, 93-95 Ho had hyperpathetics...)

Summary... better heads.. better cam in the sploder motor.. better intake, and a dizzy will still drop in... you could switch the front cover and run mustang accessories on it to use the mustang supercharger kit.

Edit.. Oh.. if you are gonna run a 5.0 explorer you will need the supercharger kit for said explorer... the mustang accessories won't fit in an explorer application.

The shape and size of the combustion chambers in the heads are also different.

The early ones resemble a heart in shape and stay relatively small in cc.

the size I don't remember off the top of the head... it has been a few of years since I ran that section of the shop...

ahhh the memories... when it only cost me $28 to fully rebuild a V8 ($28 bucks was for the gasket sets)... damn I miss it!!!

Latest posts

Back