• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd gen yota gas tank on 2nd gen yota?

ToyMater

Anyone kno if a 3rd gen gas tank is similar to the 2nd gen gas tank, Iam in the process of swapping my carbed 2nd gen over to efi, is the bracketry simialr or is their gonna be mild, heavy fabrication involved? anyone with any info would be helpful, Thanks
CoDy ;)

Bolt on affair. THe only difference is the height of the tank where it goes under the cab. SHort box/standard cab trucks have a smaller tank while the long box/x-cab trucks have about a 3 gallon increased capacity.

When I converted my 81 to EFI I found that a early 90s two wheel drive was the same as my 81 4WD Bolted right in.

Thanks for the info :D , I will be using the 3rd gen 4x4 tank then cuz I got a buddy whos got an extra one laying around and he will give it to me for free. Thanks again everyone, One last question, Height and clearance shoulnt be an issue with the 3rd gen tank under the standard bed, on the standard frame with an ext cab swap done to it?? should it??

You might have to do some hammer to sheet metal work but other than that it should be a bolt in.

Dan, yea Im alive... sorta.. driving OTR sucks ballz... Going local soon though... :D

Latest posts

Back