• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

'75 Ford D44/D60, what's it worth?

Avanteone

Got a buddy that wants to get rid of D44/D60 from a '75 F250? single rear wheel. The D44 is drum brake, closed knuckle and he is figuring it's not worth much. The D60 has a Detroit in it, both are 4.10 gears. Any help as to value would be appreciated.

John

Unless you can find someone who wants the parts to restore a truck or repair their existing one, I'm going to say not worth much. The closed knuckle housing can't be converted to standard open knuckle, and it also uses u-joints which are tiny and look almost like a 260x joint to my untrained eye.

The rear might be worth something if it's a fine spline 60 and not one of the older coarse splined ones. I couldn't say for sure one way or the other, but it's as simple as pulling one of the shafts to check.

I had some of those same year axles and threw away the d44 and sold the d60 for about 100. It had 30 spline shafts in it. Hope that helps.

The closed knuckle D44 ain't worth much. The axle joints are a bit smaller than the 260X, and the spindles like to come loose.

The D60 will depend on whether it's a 16 or 30 spline. Although the Detroit makes it worth a bit more by itself. Throw some brakes on it, and use it for a bolt in unit for a FS bronco.

Latest posts

Back