Any takers for what happened next?

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Little hint.... Lions back, Moab.

47b6cc28b3127cce8fdb8ab6295a00000016102AatmrJu3YsR

Full details, here.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52889&page=1&pp=30

Thanks for the link Karl.
OK, so i read through the thread. The gist of the whole thing: The truck fell 50 feet straight on to its nose. After about two dozen post saying "glad everyone is ok", it comes out that there was no insurance on the vehicle and there is suspicion that the driver was drunk. I wasn't there so i don't know the whole story. I'm just regurgitating what i read...

Last edited:
Well it was confirmed that the driver was actually arrested at the scene for DUI...so the suspicions can be laid to rest. And he had a roll over accident in his own truck last year at Glamis where there was also suspicions of drinking...hmmm...interesting position for a club chapter president to be in

Grommit327 said:
Well it was confirmed that the driver was actually arrested at the scene for DUI...so the suspicions can be laid to rest. And he had a roll over accident in his own truck last year at Glamis where there was also suspicions of drinking...hmmm...interesting position for a club chapter president to be in

Yeah, i was just about to add that. This guy (Mike on the ttora board) is a TTORA President!!!!

All I gotta say is that was not a 50' free fall to the nose of that truck. I would guess more like a steep downhill slide. Air bags didnt even deploy.

The whole story from the insurance, drinking and actual events are all supicious. Oh well....At least everyone was ok.:flipoff:

nappy_yota said:
I have a buddy that gets pretty hammered when we are wheeling and I try to tell him he is stoopid but he dont listen.
Then WHY do you wheel with him at all? If you don't like it, don't invite him along. Simple.

AUGDOG said:
All I gotta say is that was not a 50' free fall to the nose of that truck. I would guess more like a steep downhill slide. Air bags didnt even deploy.

The whole story from the insurance, drinking and actual events are all supicious. Oh well....At least everyone was ok.:flipoff:

Very steep, but no way in hell a 50' drop to the nose would do that little damage.

Needless to say, they are lucky to be alive.

From the pictures, and from what I have seen of the decent off lions back, the drop was about..80 or so degrees..Dont' get me wrong, I'da sharded myself. But that 10+ degree slope saved their ass's

skrause said:
Then WHY do you wheel with him at all? If you don't like it, don't invite him along. Simple.

Good point I was just merely making a statement....besides I have not wheeled with him in about a year anyway.

Grommit327 said:

looks like that whole club has gone to ****... :stirpot:

Latest posts

Back