• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Blew the engine on my cummins. Dodge owners read..

Dovetail96

My truck has a early 04 Cummins 5.9 . Fuel pumps under warrenty at 60k.. Want to tell you my story to avoid this trouble for anybody reading..

Driving with trailer the other day and smelled diesel in cab Was told may be the fuel filter dirty and the seal blew. Changed that $15 Shucks. Drove fine. Went 40 miles started up grade and lacked power. Went half mile longer and engine shut down.

NO LIGHTS

NO LOW OIL PRESSURE

NO WARNING

Truck died and would not turn over. Covered in diesel..

Lost something in fuel system and filled engine with diesel burned up crank bearings or??? Something major now I am buying a new engine.. So if you smell diesel and can't find a leak it could be in the engine blowing out of the oil over flow.. Check your dipstick and oil for diesel smell FYI.. Hope this helps someone..:awesomework:

This sucks sorry to hear the bad news. Im guessing it started out as a failed injector. Sometimes they either hang open, or the tip cracks or breaks off. The end result is somewhat as you discribed.

same thing happened to my cousin. At first it would just blow the injector out and cover everything in diesel, happened 3 times all fixed underwarranty. The last time he was pissed and just ran it til it blew and ended up with a new motor.

It happens on the 6.7 as well, you need to be checking your oil at least once a week. :awesomework:

lb7 duramax has injector issues also. it starts smoking then fills crank case with diesel then locks up.I check my oil once a day or more on mine.

lb7 duramax has injector issues also. it starts smoking then fills crank case with diesel then locks up.I check my oil once a day or more on mine.

And love them for it :redneck:

I have yet to see them lock up (have done aprox 40 sets of injectors). Typicly yes they will smoke but the breather will start dumping oil/fuls mixture from the crankcase.

4runnermikeyb lost his Duramax engine on his way home from picking it up in Cali!!! apparently hydrolocked/killed it!!!

I have heard of it but from what I have heard the pistons will crack and cause the issue.
He was told it lost an injector (go figure!!!:haha:), and filled the crankcase with fuel...his engine got warranteed after a little bickerin' back and forth....

And love them for it :redneck:

I have yet to see them lock up (have done aprox 40 sets of injectors). Typicly yes they will smoke but the breather will start dumping oil/fuls mixture from the crankcase.

ya I have heard both but more locking up cuse people dont know whats going on.mine had 3 inj replaced with just 300 miles on it:frown: I was more pissed about the clutch than the inj prob. should not have to put 3 of them in in less than 70,000 all from the stupid dual mass idea.:looser:

Back