• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bought me a trail side welder...

No spares... Just the new kit, with all provided tips/accessories... I still have a hood, maybe gloves... Thinking of picking up a welders glass sheets to put in the case... Just to cover the work when quick welding... I

I have never seen one in action, do they work pretty well? I have used the high frequency type and liked it better than my stick welder that I have at home, but the ready welder is about half the price of the premier power welder setup

I used my Premier down at the hammers to fix a Jeep and the Gen Right guys preferred that over their shop stick welder.

saw crash use his in elbe last year. saved the day and had nothing to do with a bad weld breaking. one is on my wish list. would work great on the unimog cause its already 24v.

I have NEVER seen well built rig need a welder on trail. And fawk you before any "no such thing as well built Jeep" comments. :fawkdancesmiley:

Guilty. Pritchett Canyon in Moab. Whoops, too much speed, plowed the front end and sheared off all the bolts for upper link. Welded nuts onto broken pieces to spin out of the housing.

0422.jpg

0462.jpg

I wouldn't mind one... some day...

but i need to get my junk back together first..

they are handy though... I have seen them in use to help others off the trail more than once.

I dunno but I am pretty sure the well built rig on the busy was happy somebody had one :D

Having aftermarket 5 bolt d60 knuckles with 4 stud arms is not a great way to avoid this.

He didnt rip off a welded part. Therefore no welds failed.

But yes he was happy to see you!

Maybe I should buy a set of chromo shafts to save all the d44 guys I run into broken?

I know one thing you DONT carry (yet).......

extra welding wire!

And I loved your awesome welders shield!! High tech trail quality right there! I'm sure some pics will surface of that soon. ;-)

I used mine at home welding on the winch mount support brackets... And from my busy wild winch testing... I think they passed the stress test! Now... Just gotta keep practicing to get my visual aesthetics up to par.

Awesome save on the busy crash... Dude wouldn't have had many other options... And yea... Looked like a rig that wasn't meant to be broken!

I had my ready welder with me also if he needed more spool... ;-)

saw crash use his in elbe last year. saved the day and had nothing to do with a bad weld breaking. one is on my wish list. would work great on the unimog cause its already 24v.

He did it again this year. :cheer:

And Crash aked if the guy made it out?

Mike, I seen the guy out on the alder loop later that day. SO he made it out of the busy, but may have dipped into other trails!

Having aftermarket 5 bolt d60 knuckles with 4 stud arms is not a great way to avoid this.

He didnt rip off a welded part. Therefore no welds failed.

But yes he was happy to see you!

Maybe I should buy a set of chromo shafts to save all the d44 guys I run into broken?

I know one thing you DONT carry (yet).......

extra welding wire!

Asshole :fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

Thats ok what I had did the job :fawkdancesmiley:

Just go to 9/16" studs and most guys never have an issue...

Back