• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

camper tie downs

cisco

What is the best set up? Over bed rail clamps, bolt to bed brackets, brackets clamped to the frame? I'm going to put a 9.5' 1800lb camper on my 96 dodge 2500 ext cab long bed 4x4. Where is the best place to get these assesories?

Last edited:
TorkLifts are the way to go. I bought them at Central Welding in downtown Kent - great service. Frame mount, very strong. I ended up making my own spring-loaded chain mounts.

http://www.torklift.com/

You will want to consider air bags as well.

We had tie down bars made that attached to the frame, and are awesome! Not only does the camper not bend the crap outa the bumper or bed, but the whole truck/camper move as one unit... Had all the work done by a local guy in monroe, used to have a shop in the industrial park, but built a phatty shop at his house and now works outa there.

82toyomud said:
We had tie down bars made that attached to the frame, and are awesome! Not only does the camper not bend the crap outa the bumper or bed, but the whole truck/camper move as one unit... Had all the work done by a local guy in monroe, used to have a shop in the industrial park, but built a phatty shop at his house and now works outa there.

Roger got the house and the shop was already there. He's also now only working part time out of his house.

I ended up going with the happijack bed brackets with spreader bar and bumper straps. I think it will do the job since the camper is a lighter model.

Thanks for the input.

I welded receivers to the frame, two behind the cab, and two back by the rear bumper, so there are one at each corner. Youn then cut a 2x2" square tube to fit in, and an eye bolt at the end for the chain. It's nice, clean, simple and cost effective. Just like the expensive stuff, but not as expensive.

Latest posts

Back