• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

camper trailer to flatbed trailer?

skinny_pedal

so i want to have my own trailer by memorial day. i was going to use my income tax on one, but decided to invest that money on the wheeler:D so ive been pndering the idea of taking some hooptie of a camper trailer that is tandem axle with brakes and take the camper off it so to say so i have a good frame that needs decked? is this legal? anyone done it? hell am i crazy or a genius:masturbanana[1]:

I keep waiting for that good deal but i know more then likely ill end up going to either TNT or freeway trailer, getting tired of waiting. Got the cash just cant find the time

If you're proposing taking an old (cheap) camper trailer and ditching the camper part in order to salvage a trailer frame for a car trailer, forget it.

Most of the older (cheap) camper trailers don't have the substructure to hold a rig on them, so you'll end up building a whole trailer anyway. Aaaaand, they often don't have trailer brakes and axles that can support the neccessary load. It's a waste of time, money, and effort. Either buy or build your own from scratch.

If you're proposing taking an old (cheap) camper trailer and ditching the camper part in order to salvage a trailer frame for a car trailer, forget it.

Most of the older (cheap) camper trailers don't have the substructure to hold a rig on them, so you'll end up building a whole trailer anyway. Aaaaand, they often don't have trailer brakes and axles that can support the neccessary load. It's a waste of time, money, and effort. Either buy or build your own from scratch.

thats what i was propossing. you so just reined on my parade. o well...was an idea

Been thinking about taking a goose neck trailer and putting my 10' camper on the front with the overhang over the tongue. Then I could haul the Jeep behind that. Once I get where IM going, unload the Jeep and have a big deck behind the camper to hang out on. :beer:

Been thinking about taking a goose neck trailer and putting my 10' camper on the front with the overhang over the tongue. Then I could haul the Jeep behind that. Once I get where IM going, unload the Jeep and have a big deck behind the camper to hang out on. :beer:

I think that's the way I'm leaning eventually :cool:

If you add up all the time it will take to do a conversion, you could get a second job, spend the same time working at that and buy a nice new one.

Latest posts

Back