• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

center pin?

79chevy39.5's

when you guys are breaking center pins or just replacing rusted shitty ones wut are you puttin in there? ground bolts (wut size) or gettin new pins from somewhere (where)?

The allens work, or just a regular bolt with the head rounded, or as said, Napa. I get mine from Napa personally, theyre closer than the hardware store haha.

I would think there are different size diameters and it would depend on what you need, but I think the ones I use on my Toyota are 3/8" diameter, and obviously length depends on spring pack thickness and shims and crap.

~T.J.

I've gotten em from Rightway Spring in Tacoma before...... but that's not really close to Richland.

Grade 8 allens sound like a good alternative.

Before I did my rear U-bolt flip, I was breaking rear ones like they were going outta style. I ran bolts in there for a little while, but then found out it was just ovaling out the holes in the spring perch for them instead of breaking the bolts :mad:

The problem was when I bought it there was no top plate on the spring pack for the U-bolts to sit in, so the tops of the bolts would "walk" towards the center oin which obviously loosened the pack so the axle could move, then the bolts would snap.

I kept putting off fabing something to keep them from walking because I was getting the kit soon, so in a way, it was my own fault they kept breaking, haha. Oh well, kits in now, no more problems with them in the rear anyway. Now I gotta get crossover so I will stop breaking the front ones :mad:

~T.J.

Not sure what kind of metal center pins are made of. They don't appear to be hardened. I bought some from a Spring place in Ballard. Also, bought others at a spring place in Kent. I think I found both on Yahoo Yellow pages.

wcjp said:
Also, bought others at a spring place in Kent. I think I found both on Yahoo Yellow pages.

That would be GittSpring. They stock all sizes/lengths of center pins, steel shims, custom made u bolts, etc. And it's VERY handy having them RIGHT around the corner from me. :clappy:

Latest posts

Back