• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chevy Gauge Cluster

mark

The tach in my truck has been acting up for a last couple. Annoying but not the end of the world. Well yesterday the speedo stopped. Would like stick at 60 no mater what speed I was going, then later it said I was doing 90 :eek:.

So its time to fix. $550 for a R&R with a remanufactured unit (remanufactured and reprogrammed by an authorized GM rebuilding in Kent or something like that).

That's allot of change, anyone got some other options?

Truck: '04 2500HD D-max.

The tach in my truck has been acting up for a last couple. Annoying but not the end of the world. Well yesterday the speedo stopped. Would like stick at 60 no mater what speed I was going, then later it said I was doing 90 :eek:.

So its time to fix. $550 for a R&R with a remanufactured unit (remanufactured and reprogrammed by an authorized GM rebuilding in Kent or something like that).

That's allot of change, anyone got some other options?

Truck: '04 2500HD D-max.

Just use a GPS for your speedo until you can find a decent deal.

Thats what I am doing. I usually have the GPS on anyway, so its not a "huge" deal. But the speedo should be correct for as much driving around I do and how many cops and speed traps I've been seeing lately.

sounds like the servos just need to be replaced..

i had to do this for my 2005 ford mustang dash as it lost its speedo almost instantly..

i paid like $7 for the servo motor and it took all of 30 minutes to R&R the cluster and replace the servo (if you know how to solder..

easy peasy..

no reprogramming needed as you don't change the cluster with a different one..

only thing to note was to plug it in and power it up before placing the needle back onto the servo so that you can set it at 'zero'

again.. it took no time at all..

my speedo has been dead for over a year and half, there is a company on ebay that reman's your entire cluster for around 100 bucks.

Bingo. I think we have a winner. $20 or less for the motors off e-bay. No to get a new e-bay acount....

yeah.. when i saw the post i was like.. oh yeah.. been there, done that...

if you were closer and i wasn't time crunched i would say just bring it over and lets bust it out...

but sadly, not much free time for me lately.. hence the reason my jeep is still in pieces.. :booo:

Check out Tacoma Speedometer. They repaired mine. Dropped it off at lunch and it was done before I got off work. Replaced all the stepper motors and the power supply. Don't remember what I paid but it wasn't bad.

Back