• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Choice of Swamper?

chainsaw

Seriously thinking of ditching the BFGs for some Interco's, Im thinking of LTB's, SX's, or maybe some Irok ND's. Thoughts?

Boggers hands down... What size bfg,s? 39'' CRAWLERS I maybe interested in a purchase.

Hi All:

I'd been running BFGs for a long time but was tired of tearing sidewalls so switched to the Interco Super Swamper TSL bias-ply last spring.

The bias-ply TSLs are impressive tires in many ways. Strong. Great traction. *Loud* on the street/highway. Heavy!! (i.e. lots of rolling resistance.)

So, I'm pretty sure that I will not lose another tire now to sidewall tears, nor have any issues with traction in slick and/or muddy condition. I'm sure the MPG of the rig has gone down with the TSL bias-ply tires, and I doubt I'll get as good of tread life from them as the BFG radial mud tires.

It is a balancing act, and/or compromise. My trail rig gets driven on the street a bit during the nicer weather, and on the highway to go to 'wheeling spots, but otherwise is a garage queen. I can put up with the flat-spotting of these bias-ply tires, and the road noise of the TSLs.

Regards,

alan

i like the swampers, really like the SX's. they were fast if you have to drive it much. here is a hint. go to the interco web site and check up on their blemished tire section regularly. i got 5 super swamper bias ply 38x12.5r15 for 1050 shipped to my shop, and my buddy just got 4 Irocs for 170ish a tire plus shipping. As for the blemish i could not find mine, tomorrow we will find out what is wrong with the Irocs when they get here. Either way the tires are still DOT approved and save for highway use. If buying Interco and you have patience, this is the only way to go
here is the site for anybody interested http://www.intercotire.com/news-article.php?article=1

Back