• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

crawlin snatches

rockmike

Any one up for some rc crawlin at the moon rocks memorial weekend?Im headin up there friday night.Im goin to map out a route on my gps while im there,cause we talked about doin a comp and trying to figure out a way up there without a 4x4.Ill be in my little zuke its blue with 32" tires,bikini top,body beat up like they should be.Ill most likely be there sat.

Any one up for some rc crawlin at the moon rocks memorial weekend?Im headin up there friday night.Im goin to map out a route on my gps while im there,cause we talked about doin a comp and trying to figure out a way up there without a 4x4.Ill be in my little zuke its blue with 32" tires,bikini top,body beat up like they should be.Ill most likely be there sat.

You need 4x4 to get there no matter which way in you go...

Hey Mike, I tried to find them last saturday, and failed:looser: First I was too low, and then I was too high up, according to the people I asked along the way. There was some guys in a jeep stuck in a snowpatch, who told me I was close, but they also said there were snowpatches everyonce in a while. Not a big deal if you have a winch or lockers and correct tires, but being by myself with no winch, I wasn't about to try to get there.
I would like to do some crawling up there this weekend, if I can find/get to the place.:haha:

Hey Mike, I tried to find them last saturday, and failed:looser: First I was too low, and then I was too high up, according to the people I asked along the way. There was some guys in a jeep stuck in a snowpatch, who told me I was close, but they also said there were snowpatches everyonce in a while. Not a big deal if you have a winch or lockers and correct tires, but being by myself with no winch, I wasn't about to try to get there.
I would like to do some crawling up there this weekend, if I can find/get to the place.:haha:

Which way did you go in? Right now there is snow...

I went Rockcreek Rd up, took a left on 1701 at the platue, went about 5 miles, just past the snowberm and went left up some nice little hillclimbs/jeeptrails, back in a halfmile or so, which is where I ran into the stuck jeep in the trees. I am going to buy a map, as I only have one for the Ahtanum/Tampico area.:awesomework:

You need 4x4 to get there no matter which way in you go...
ya crash,but isnt there a clearing /platue whithin a 1/2 mile of the moon rocks were you can drive a 2wheel rig to then we can shuttle folks in from there.Maybe ill see ya up there ill be wheelin with jeremy mister 7 foot tall dude that you know and dennis with his new rig.cant remember for sure if this is doable but im goin to check it out.It would be cool to get the warrc guys and the ewrcrc guys together up there,the lower east side of moon rocks should be some good rc crawlin ,not many peeps wheel donwn there we wouldnt be in anybodies way.

Last edited:
We will be camped at milk pond on the east end of the camp area.Pm me youre cell # nathan and ill try to get a hold of ya.We can take the easy way up there.or you can try to follow us up on the trail.

ya crash,but isnt there a clearing /platue whithin a 1/2 mile of the moon rocks were you can drive a 2wheel rig to then we can shuttle folks in from there.Maybe ill see ya up there ill be wheelin with jeremy mister 7 foot tall dude that you know and dennis with his new rig.cant remember for sure if this is doable but im goin to check it out.

Ya you can get really close by going to the top of bald mountain or to the base of the hill climbs up milk pond road.

Ya---jeremy is a tall mo fo :redneck:

top of bald mountain should get a guy the closest,im thinkin.

as long--as the snow drift isn't there. Every year there has been a HUGE drift that has a verticle wall of like 5-8 feet--we have been able to get around it by going out onto the open hill side(if ya mess up--its a couple hundred feet to the nearest tree,lol).

But yes the top of bald gets you really close....

to bad nathan had a great time,did a bunch of crawlin at the funny rocks,alot of snow at the moon rocks.We wheeled tripod flats and the shoestring loop,was very nasty,jeremy broke his winch,craig broke his rear pinion,dennis broke his detroit frnt locker.My sj 410 broke a taillight and ran like a champ worked very well all weekend.First time i wheeled this rig,wow badest 400 dollar trail rig ive witnessed.

Glad to hear you had a good time Mike, ended up taking my wife crawling:eeek: she needs a few lessons from Britt on throttle control, she likes to stab the throttle, even when it is bound up. If I didn't have CVD's in Britt's rig, I would bet money she would have broke a couple axleshafts.:haha:

Back