• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Customer service

Zjman

In the day and age of greedy companies and nobody standing by their products and piss poor customer service, I wanna give a huge thanks and kudos to east coast gear supply. Last Saturday I was beating my rig pretty hard and snapped a stub shaft which shot through the drive slug. I bought these parts in 2016 and I simply emailed them to see if I could purchase the drive slug part to repair it, Stephen Campbell was guy I contacted. He said sure I can get you those parts. Ask if my address was the same and asked if I bought my stub from them. I said yes, not thinking anything would be covered by a warranty. He sent me all new parts and stub free of charge. Now that's the way to do business.

In the day and age of greedy companies and nobody standing by their products and piss poor customer service, I wanna give a huge thanks and kudos to east coast gear supply. Last Saturday I was beating my rig pretty hard and snapped a stub shaft which shot through the drive slug. I bought these parts in 2016 and I simply emailed them to see if I could purchase the drive slug part to repair it, Stephen Campbell was guy I contacted. He said sure I can get you those parts. Ask if my address was the same and asked if I bought my stub from them. I said yes, not thinking anything would be covered by a warranty. He sent me all new parts and stub free of charge. Now that's the way to do business.
Man that's some awesome Customer Service!!!

I'll add to this.

I had a guy do work on my XJ, bought parts from them & had them shipped to him.
Fast forward a year or two:
I ordered again from them & instead of shipping to the address I provided they shipped it to the guy that worked on it in the past.
I called & they confirmed they shipped to him, I went there to look for it & told them it wasn't there.

They shipped me the part overnight. I only order from them because of this.

I'll add to this.

I had a guy do work on my XJ, bought parts from them & had them shipped to him.
Fast forward a year or two:
I ordered again from them & instead of shipping to the address I provided they shipped it to the guy that worked on it in the past.
I called & they confirmed they shipped to him, I went there to look for it & told them it wasn't there.

They shipped me the part overnight. I only order from them because of this.
That's cool that they sent another set of parts to you after they shipped to the wrong address.

Curious what happened to the first order??

Ok. Got it all tore apart and I have shitty news for myself. Something got in 2 of my caps on my superjoint and ate it up pretty good, I ordered a new set caps thinking I'd rebuild it while it was out. Now I'm fearing I need a whole new joint. Would you guys put new caps on and run it or replace it?

Ok. Got it all tore apart and I have shitty news for myself. Something got in 2 of my caps on my superjoint and ate it up pretty good, I ordered a new set caps thinking I'd rebuild it while it was out. Now I'm fearing I need a whole new joint. Would you guys put new caps on and run it or replace it?

Attachments

• IMG_2102.jpeg
    IMG_2102.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 11
No real insight, but with other new parts going into the axle, I'd lean towards replacing the existing joint for the axle, but rebuilding the current joint to have as a spare. It's only money after all. :rolf:

I know the right thing to do is to replace it but damn those joints 450 a piece now. I paid less than that for a set. I kinda screwed up and bought all new parts so that was 550 bucks. I don't like sending stuff back that I can use so another 450 is not what I wanna do lol.
No real insight, but with other new parts going into the axle, I'd lean towards replacing the existing joint for the axle, but rebuilding the current joint to have as a spare. It's only money after all.

well I did the right thing. Amazon has a smoking deal on em right now so not what I wanted to spend money on but I will have peace of mind. And it's just money right? https://a.co/d/4NBTvGZ

Yep that is great service, rarely found these days.

I know the right thing to do is to replace it but damn those joints 450 a piece now. I paid less than that for a set. I kinda screwed up and bought all new parts so that was 550 bucks. I don't like sending stuff back that I can use so another 450 is not what I wanna do lol.
If I had your money I would just order RCVs and be done

Back