• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel prep for cold weather??

Nuzzy

So, with the cold weather rollin in, what do all you seasoned diesel veterans do to help your rig? Since I'm in an apartment, plugging in my block heater isn't really an option :mad:

Do you have problems with fuel geling, and at what temps?
What additives have you had luck with to lower gel temps if any?
What precautions do you take the night before?
What precautions do you take in the morning?
Do you just treat your truck the same as the rest of the year and not worry about it because today's diesels are better designed than older models?

Basically, what special steps do you take to ensure the best care and performance for your diesel during the cold months?

:beer:

I have never had a geling problem.

I do plug mine in once in awhile, but that is for my benefit as much it is for the truck.

As long is your glow plug system is up to par, you shouldn't have any problem's.

I don't think it really get cold enough around here, except maybe a couple days a year, to have any real problems.

He doesn't have any glow plugs.. So I guess those won't be helping him..

As far as the rest of the stuff.. I do absolutely nothing. When it was really cold last winter I plugged it in.. It isn't NEEDED. But you could hear the difference when starting it up. Just helped get it warm quicker was all.

i noticed on mine a couple weekends ago i was camping in naches,it was in the 20s overnight,the heater thing on the motor on mine doesnt work and it was very hard starting...and i couldnt plug it in...

All i can think of is make sure your battery connections are good and corrosion free. I had probs starting mine since the heater grid wasnt getting enuf juice.

Latest posts

Back