• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DOH--whooops

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So we are at my sisters wedding rehersal yesterday and it just so happens I brought the rig and saw a pile of rocks--could not resist. So goofing around and I start to hear a snapping sound from the rear. No big deal keep going then all of a sudden the rear passenger wheel looks odd. Apon inspection the outer stub broke and sheered the C's off the housing----DOH... Will snap a few pics but I thought it was pretty cool looking :D

D parts bag is your friend. :D

been there done that, next time run a bead of CA were the C's and the axle housing meets up. :;

My rig has been snapping axles with the new meats. :haha:

I need to get those axles made pronto. :;

well, this should make ya feel better Mike!! I just did this!! :haha:

Fawkin a...that front axle looks burley as sh!t. Is that kinda stock or not?

That break loooks weak... :flipoff:

I had all the parts to fix it but time to order more :;

Bunk said:
Fawkin a...that front axle looks burley as sh!t. Is that kinda stock or not?
that's a stock axle housing that sis shaved on the bottom

crash said:
That break loooks weak... :flipoff:

:haha: I know, I wheel like a girl. :haha: :haha:

Taking the front apart and replacing it in about 15 minuts. Then it's crawl time at Tinkham. :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

that seemes to be a weak link on these housings somone needs to build a brace to strengthen it.Ive broke two housings the same way.Carnage is cool when its some other dude or the DUDE
________
XRV750

Last edited:
rockmike said:
that seemes to be a weak link on these housings somone needs to build a brace to strengthen it.Ive broke two housings the same way.Carnage is cool when its some other dude or the DUDE

Lets just say the future looks bright. :D

that is all.

don't ask, skunk works stuff. :D

While on the subject of TLT housings.... I'm going to be building my first set once the bearings show up (from Hong Kong, so I may be waiting a while). I'm guessing that I'll find what I need on rccrawler, but are there any helpful hints anybody wants to pass along before I start? I'm not really understanding the CA on the housing, what does that do?

Thanks!

Todd1803 said:
While on the subject of TLT housings.... I'm going to be building my first set once the bearings show up (from Hong Kong, so I may be waiting a while). I'm guessing that I'll find what I need on rccrawler, but are there any helpful hints anybody wants to pass along before I start? I'm not really understanding the CA on the housing, what does that do?

Thanks!
i packed the voids inside the housing with lead waites,formore contact pressure for the tires.
________
SL125

Last edited:
Todd1803 said:

Thanks!
those China bearings won't last long, I have quality bearings and I am already wearing an outer out, it's a big tire thing. :D

Todd1803 said:

Thanks!

I got my bearings from http://www.avidrc.com/. Real fast service and decent price.

Latest posts