• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

drive line????

toyota4x4matt said:
where is a good place to take my front d line in to get it extended, somewhere where i dont take it in the:kissmyass: ?????? oh south sound.
ryketr will do a driveline on his lathe if you have the parts but I heard drivelines NW has redone there pricing and its not that bad any more. I think billybobs is selling long slips.

Don't go to Drivelines NW in Fife. They balance my driveline and welded the weights on the wrong side. They couldn't figure out why it was out of balance after they and their untarnished experence highly qualified employees worked on it. :wtf:

DO NOT GO TO NW DRIVELINES!!!!!!!
first the guy measures it himself and then ends up making them damn thing 3.5in to long (how is that even possible:smoke:) then he says my slip and yoke are going bad but have a good nother like5,000 miles left since i didn't really have the money i told him to wait on that welll i pick it up take it home 3.5in to long take it back to be shortened wont give me my money back then after i leave i get a phonecall not more then 20mins later saying "Sir i dont know what my collegue was thinking but u slip and yoke are like a rounded offshaft with no splines even it i shorten it it still wont work" ($150 more for that) and then to top it all off the dumbasses put in the wrong fricken u joing it so small and the sides and it was to big for the whole and them pressing it in actually put hairline cracks in the caps. GENOUS I TELL U WHAT
WHEN IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE IT WAS $220 TO GET IT LENGTHENED $150 TO GET IT SHORTEND $150 FOR A NEW SLIP AND YOKE SO ALL IN ALL WE ARE TALKING A $500 DRIVELINE THAT IS ALL STOCK YAY:cheer: :mad:

i would suggest this place Best drivelines i believe located tacoma area i believe but we took my budding yota shafts there and it was $80 for the front and $50 for the rear cant beat that and it had no vibration awesome guy is really chill and done amazing reliable work. Trust me after driving out to south everett from duvall 3 fawking times to get the same driveline was getting very annoying

could always build a square shaft. I used them on a couple of my trucks and know alot of people running them and they are tough as hell but do vibrate a bit when in 4wd at speed. cheap with as much slip as you could ever want.

I put a long travel slip in my ftoy, I bought it from marlin crawler, but that was before trail gear started selling theirs. I bought some heavy walled DOM and cut it to length, needed the dom opened up abit on lathe at a machine shop ($20) so the drive shaft parts would fit. I then slipped it together and and installed in truck, spun it a few time to make sure it was true and tacked it up. Pulled it out and welded it up. I have had it up to 65mph in 4wd and no vibrations.

Pook said:
could always build a square shaft. I used them on a couple of my trucks and know alot of people running them and they are tough as hell but do vibrate a bit when in 4wd at speed. cheap with as much slip as you could ever want.

One thing I noticed with my square shaft (damn...should I be taking somethin for that:haha: ) is that with the vibrations my front output bearing is going out real quick..kinda of a pain to have to unlock and lock your hubs everytime you want to go 25+mph. Also experienced how a square DL walks when you get it on the rocks the other day...but for cheap it does get you by for awhile

greg of best drivelines is in everett. not tacoma to clarify, one of the nicest guys youll meet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back