• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gas tank strap material

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
anyone know of a good material or place to get/make straps to hold down a gas tank, i was thinking of using some of that aluminum crap with a bunch of holes alraedy in it that use in your garage for hanging the garage door opener with, or is there something better/stronger i can use. gonna maybe stop oby homo depot on the way home and pick some up

Ok I'll lay this out in three easy steps for you.

1. Go to junkyard and buy some old seatbelts.

2. Go home and bolt the opposite ends down about where you want your gas can.

3. Put your gas can in place and bring the ends of the seat belt up and under the handle of the can and click-it!

Comprende?

wentz912 said:

3. Put your gas can in place and bring the ends of the seat belt up and under the handle of the can and click-it!

Comprende?
Cool idea for a Jerry can, but didn't he say GAS TANK?

skrause said:
Cool idea for a Jerry can, but didn't he say GAS TANK?

Hey now, don't be hatin on us redneck fellers:redneck: , we ain't too good at this readin' thing doncha know?

Besides, It'd work anyhow, I mean, that'd be pretty sweet, have two seatbelts criss crossed to hold it to underside of truck, then be able to change out between different sized tanks with the push of a...er TWO...buttons.:flipoff:

wentz912 said:
Hey now, don't be hatin on us redneck fellers:redneck: , we ain't too good at this readin' thing doncha know?

Besides, It'd work anyhow, I mean, that'd be pretty sweet, have two seatbelts criss crossed to hold it to underside of truck, then be able to change out between different sized tanks with the push of a...er TWO...buttons.:flipoff:

yeah then when you hit the rock on the trail just right, your tank can drop straight to the ground for ya....:flipoff: :D

how come my engine stopped running???:wtf: What's that smell??:mad:

wentz912 said:

Comprende?

that's how i'm going to mount the cab to the frame:haha: :haha: :haha:

wentz912 said:

redneck engineering at it's finest! :corn: :clappy:

Latest posts

Back