• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harness mounting tech

Bunk1

That nice azzhole
So i have 5 points and i need to mount them. I have a diagram of the angles and what not of where the belts should go but what im lacking is the fastening of the ends of the belts. Im thinking double shear but allow the ends to swivel on the c/l of the end mount.

I suppose im looking for clues/PICS or just a slap in the face so i just go do it..

I found these on A&A. Probably what I'll use. Not sure if they swivel where you want em to though...

aa-421-a.jpg

http://www.aa-mfg.com/pdshop/shop/item.asp?itemid=622

What's wrong with the standard eye bolt and a couple of washers for the "body" mounts?

I've seen the rig he's building, he could easily make a double shear mount out of stuff. Personally, I don't think it is necessary.

KarlVP said:
I've seen the rig he's building, he could easily make a double shear mount out of stuff. Personally, I don't think it is necessary.

Yeah, but when these only cost $2, why bother spending time fabbing something?

And if you've seen Bunk's buggy, then you know why eyebolts wouldn't cut it... They ain't :cool: enough

:D

Nuzzy said:
I found these on A&A. Probably what I'll use. Not sure if they swivel where you want em to though...

aa-421-a.jpg

http://www.aa-mfg.com/pdshop/shop/item.asp?itemid=622

OOOOOH, Snaps. I'll drill out the hole and make a deal that goes thru the hole in the mount and the hole in the end of the harness tab so it can move some.

Thanks nuzz.

BTW, they are 2.95 each..

Last edited:
Bunk said:
OOOOOH, Snaps. I'll drill out the hole and make a deal that goes thru the hole in the mount and the hole in the end of the harness tab so it can move some.

Thanks nuzz.

BTW, they are 2.95 each..

MINI HEIMS :clappy: :D

Nuzzy said:
Yeah, but when these only cost $2, why bother spending time fabbing something?

And if you've seen Bunk's buggy, then you know why eyebolts wouldn't cut it... They ain't :cool: enough

:D

I've seen his buggy. Attention to detail is just not enough for Joe.

Bunk said:
So i have 5 points and i need to mount them. I have a diagram of the angles and what not of where the belts should go but what im lacking is the fastening of the ends of the belts. Im thinking double shear but allow the ends to swivel on the c/l of the end mount.

I suppose im looking for clues/PICS or just a slap in the face so i just go do it..

Just bolt the things in semi-loose....get in, strap everything together and then have someone tighten the bolts down in the position they are in while you are wearing them...

...there belts....not control arms in a 4-link :flipoff:

Latest posts

Back