• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Have less than $1000 which would you buy?

wheelinjp

Ok my jeep is not hurting for basics, but there are two things I want to do. I have stock seats in it now and would like a nice suspension seat but would need to buy a wide a normal and a rear bench for it to match. Then I would be able to comfortably run harnesses.

Now choice number two is a 4 to 1 set and 32 spline output for my dana 300. I need to rebuild it anyway since the shifter pills are messed up and the twin stick pops out of low rear on decelleration. I know I cant afford both right now and am leasing more towards the gearset since it gives me the chance to fix an ongoing problem.That and a lower crawl ratio is always nice.

So let me know what you think.

wheelinjp said:
Ok my jeep is not hurting for basics, but there are two things I want to do. I have stock seats in it now and would like a nice suspension seat but would need to buy a wide a normal and a rear bench for it to match. Then I would be able to comfortably run harnesses.

Now choice number two is a 4 to 1 set and 32 spline output for my dana 300. I need to rebuild it anyway since the shifter pills are messed up and the twin stick pops out of low rear on decelleration. I know I cant afford both right now and am leasing more towards the gearset since it gives me the chance to fix an ongoing problem.That and a lower crawl ratio is always nice.

So let me know what you think.

I have a terra 4:1 setup if your interested, I could also rebuild the case if you don't want to mess with it.

:;

Yeah man, 300 first. Who cares about seats? You could go to the wrecking yard and buy some seats weld some short trailer springs on the bottom and theres your suspention seat.:redneck:

I would go with comfort--comfort will take you alot farther than a dana300 with our ageing bodies,lol. I found the 300 just an extra and truely don't "need" it... granted I would never go back but still...

I would go with comfort--comfort will take you alot farther than a dana300 with our ageing bodies,lol. I found the 300 just an extra and truely don't "need" it... granted I would never go back but still...

I think maybe we should change your nickname from Crash to Cruise :D

I would fix that broken (again) piece of **** dodge with the money :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

my back hurts just looking at your jeep sean:booo: go buy some seats and just fix the transfer case. Dosent it work fine with the gears it has? Wernt you just telling me you wanted a more comfy rig that you could drive around town?

find a parting out cherokee laredo. i love the stock seats in those. mine are awesome and extremly comfortable IMHO. then you still have money for the 4:1 :cool:

crash said:
I found the 300 just an extra and truely don't "need" it... granted I would never go back but still...
Apple meet orange... Of course, with a 300:1 + crawl ratio... I don't think Sean has a doubler in there...

crash said:
I found the 300 just an extra and truely don't "need" it... granted I would never go back but still...
I think you would reconsider if you didnt have a reduction box in front of your 300 crashy. The setup you have has lots of reduction even without the 300. Doh, Crusty beat me to it.:;

PORTER said:
I think you would reconsider if you didnt have a reduction box in front of your 300 crashy. The setup you have has lots of reduction even without the 300. Doh, Crusty beat me to it.:;

We are talking about the 300 not a reduction box :flipoff:

And I hardly use the reduction box--its just there for those certain times. I always run the 300 in low,

crash said:
We are talking about the 300 not a reduction box :flipoff:

And I hardly use the reduction box--its just there for those certain times. I always run the 300 in low,
Blah,Blah,Blah, you still got what a 6-1 first gear. Toss in an auto, and things would change ALOT. :flipoff:

Latest posts

Back