• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hey todd or crash i need some advise

ROOKIE

what was the thing you guys where telling me to get for the crawler to help the esc? and if i get a better esc do i still need it? also what is a good esc to use with the intgrity 35 turn motor and the rest of the junk i'm running :haha: thank you in advance for any info:awesomework:

rooster crawler or cc sidewinder or cc momba max or even a tekin (sp) i use cc mamba and a sidewinder the sidewinder in the same price as the rooster. but it can run brushed or brushless 2s or 3s lipo li like it for the money.

yea what he said. get a 10amp cc bec they are 25.00 or so. and some of the lhs's have them...:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

Get this and a mamba!

just stay away fromt the novak goat setups.

I run two roosters and one mamba max. I love the roosters bec output better than the mamba max. But I think I am going to get the bec for my mamba and it will be the shizzy.

Here ya go Kyle, this is what ya need, and you won't find faster shipping
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=CCMCCBEC

It will need to be programmed, not sure if Crash has a link cable or not. I've got one, but I live a long ways away.:redneck:

As for an ESC, I own two Castle Mamba Max's, and personal opinion is to go with something other than Castle for a crawler. Their drag brake is pathetic. Look at a Tekin FXR if you're buying new.

Does the ESC you're currently using have a reverse delay or double pump?

The only ESC that will give enough juice to power the servos is the Novak Crawler Rooster or Goat stuff. The Goat is great, but probably quite a ways out of your (and my) budget. Only the high rollers (Like Team CrashFab) run those :D. The Rooster Crawler is a good ESC, some say the drag brake is too much, and it's not adjustable. It also will only provide the advertised 5 amps to the servos on 6 cell, or a 2S LiPo. Increase the supply voltage, your amperage to the receiver drops (It's complicated, but that's how it works). If I was buying an ESC, I'd go with the Tekin FXR, and a stand-alone BEC.

Not as inexpensive as I thought though
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=TEKTT1091

Start with the BEC, and have Mike help you with the wiring. Should be a noticable improvement.

T.

thanks todd yeah i bought a bec today at hobby town and a new body for the crawler and i will have crash help me becouse i'm no good with electronics :haha:

pageing crash are you going to be avalible this sunday for some wireing and crawling afterwards :hi::redneck::corn:

Good topic......
Hey Todd, I just ordered an FXR and a CC Bec....does the Bec HAVE to be programmed? Or just if ya want higher output to the servos?
Once I get it all installed, may need a hand in programming it.:hi:

The BEC comes out of the package set at 5.1 volts, so if you ask me, yes, it has to be programmed. It'll work until you get it set, but depending on what ESC you're running now, the servo may seem slower / less powerful, due to the reduced voltage.

If you run it like that, keep an eye on servo temps. The lower the voltage, the harder the servo has to work to get anything done, if that makes any sense. Kind of like when we used to play with car stereos systems, and learned that you were more likely do damage speakers by under-powering them than over-powering.

T.

So then????? Is 6.0V the "ideal" for runnin' a servo? I'll be using it with the Tekin....
Runnin' Novaks in the scalers.....don't really need a bec on them thangs...hehe

6v is a good safe voltage for most servos, you can over volt, just keep an eye on the temps.

I can program it for you if you want,at the next comp or you could drop by the house sometime if that works.

LMK if you want my # to set something up.

6v is a good safe voltage for most servos, you can over volt, just keep an eye on the temps.

I can program it for you if you want,at the next comp or you could drop by the house sometime if that works.

LMK if you want my # to set something up.

Thanks Devlin!!! I'm not going to make it to the next scale comp....but I should have my tuber ready for the next 2.2 comp, which is what the BEC is going in.:awesomework:

I'll get ahold of ya if something comes up and I'm in your area before then.:beer:

Back