• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

i'm going to start a build..........

ROOKIE

o.k well i'm realy going to do two build.i'm going to start to build my double j chassis with stuff and use evrything i replace on a stock ax-10 chassis for the old lady.

i was wondering where to get some tlt axle's the easyist?
and what esle should i do to the axle to make it good?
what is a good beadlock rim for the tlt's?

i think i'm going to go with the goat motor/esc
i got a good servo,a double j chassis, ax-10 trnny with vf dig unit, i got some custum shock setup.new ? beadlock rim's and losi claws

that said on my ol'lady's i'm useing a stock ax-10 chassis and a motor i got from crash with esc ax-10 axle's,stock ax-10 rims and losi claws.

rookie

well started the tear down tonite :cheer:

anybody know a good battery to use with a 55 turn motor
i wan't to go to a split cell battery pack and i wan't some more wheel speed.:awesomework:

:pics:
:fawkdancesmiley:

Well if you want a lot of wheel speed, a 55t isn't going to give it to you unless you are running some major voltage. Get a good hand wound 35t or 45t if you want some more wheel speed. Your battery choice will also be limited by the ESC, if you are running a Rooster Crawler, you will be limited to 7-cells, if you go with a Castle ESC, you can run up to 12.

ok i will post up pics soon.

i was thinking about the goat brushless crawler system.good choice or bad?

bad IMO, go to rc crawler and look at the novak thread and see how many folks have had a goat go POOF=WHITE SMOKE. the rooster glitch problems were explained and taken care of right away. the goat smokers were taken care of also but with no axplanation:eeek:

I have three novak rooster crawlers and one mamba max. the mamba max was the best thing I did, well worth the money. I run a 60t in brushed mode with a 4200 lipo.:awesomework: way better than the old setups:D it is way easy to set up too, just plug it in to your computer and adjust. I even downloaded updated software on to mine.:cheer: it is a great improvement over the rooster for 29bucks more. I have never had a novak goat, but when I toyed around with going brushless (still might) I read all the bad comments and talked to guys running the mamba and decided to try it. go for the lipo batteries, its worth it. I got mine off ebay new for 29 bucks (80-90bucks at hobby shop). a good servo and esc and battery make a huge difference. hope that might help.:beer:

bad IMO, go to rc crawler and look at the novak thread and see how many folks have had a goat go POOF=WHITE SMOKE. the rooster glitch problems were explained and taken care of right away. the goat smokers were taken care of also but with no axplanation:eeek:

I have three novak rooster crawlers and one mamba max. the mamba max was the best thing I did, well worth the money. I run a 60t in brushed mode with a 4200 lipo.:awesomework: way better than the old setups:D it is way easy to set up too, just plug it in to your computer and adjust. I even downloaded updated software on to mine.:cheer: it is a great improvement over the rooster for 29bucks more. I have never had a novak goat, but when I toyed around with going brushless (still might) I read all the bad comments and talked to guys running the mamba and decided to try it. go for the lipo batteries, its worth it. I got mine off ebay new for 29 bucks (80-90bucks at hobby shop). a good servo and esc and battery make a huge difference. hope that might help.:beer:

Have you ever broken a birfield :haha: :haha:

Kyle--I smoked mine--but since then zero problems--I LOVE IT!!!!

The Goat has good power and tons of wheel, but Mike and Nick have both had one fry for no apparent reason other than leaving the battery hooked up. If you go with a Goat, I would recommend buying new, that way if it does fry you won't be out like $150 getting it repaired...

Have you ever broken a birfield :haha: :haha:

Kyle--I smoked mine--but since then zero problems--I LOVE IT!!!!

I have smoked a few of bobs old treated stockers and have tried treated EMPIs=junk, had good luck with his welded and treated birfs, never killed them, only inner shafts. never had probs since the 30 spliners, other than ejecting a hub once in a while:redneck:

I have smoked a few of bobs old treated stockers and have tried treated EMPIs=junk, had good luck with his welded and treated birfs, never killed them, only inner shafts. never had probs since the 30 spliners, other than ejecting a hub once in a while:redneck:

And yet--you still ran them aftger your first failure :haha:

And yet--you still ran them aftger your first failure :haha:

actually I never ran a stocker. odie and bob suggested I pull my stockers and have them treated while I had two good cores.:awesomework: they used to be 50bucks if you had good ones. 100 if you needed new ones. I broke (shattered one) and talked bob into doing a set of garage door axles for me and they lasted the life of the truck (ate inner shafts alot, but hey I had lots of those). that was all there was other than the marfield, which was treated by bob anyways. after the 30chromos I upgraded. I dont replace faulty parts with the same stuff unless its free or not an option.

I chose to avoid another novak product and the castle seems to work awesome. I heard alot of horror stories about the mamba, but mostly from folks with novak gear.:eeek: all the people who had mambas loved them, and I love the programming instead of playing simon says with a tiny button.

Back