• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

is this what I am lookin for?

spidertoy said:
doh, I searched stampede tranny, and only found some parts
You could try Tammies hobbies in oregon. They usually have pede trannies for 50 bucks. They are in the vendor section on Rccrawler.com. They even come with the aluminum idler gear.:D

Tanis said:
You could try Tammies hobbies in oregon. They usually have pede trannies for 50 bucks. They are in the vendor section on Rccrawler.com. They even come with the aluminum idler gear.:D

Thats where I got both of my pede tranny's from don..

spidertoy said:
alrighty, thanks much, do they have a "wish list" type of thing?
I don't know what you mean by wish list. I talked to them on the phone. They have at least one guy working there that knows a lot about crawlers. He could probably answer any question you had about TLT's.

spidertoy said:
alrighty, thanks much, do they have a "wish list" type of thing?

If you are asking about something similar to the Tower wish list, no they don't, because they don't have a website. These guys are right about Tammies, call early in the day, and it will ship that day, ask for Ryan if you have crawler questions, you will get your stuff in a day or two, and they take Paypal.

I'll have to keep that in mind, have to gather the funds though, so I will spend my spare time putting my stock TLT together, just for the fun of it and for the experience of working with tiny parts:D

There is still a ton of stuff you can do to the stock TLT to make it more trail worthy with VERY minimal investment. Even with the belt drive tranny. If this is your first "real" RC project, you can build it stock, then start making changes, so you see the difference that they make as you build experience.

Here are some of the cheapest upgrades to do. You can find detailed instructions on the web.
- longer links to extend the wheelbase, cheap if you build them yourself.
- lengethen the stock drive shafts
- lock the diffs, all three of them.
- lose the cantilevers and mount the shocks in a traditional manner

Hope this provides some help.

Back