• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kingpin help

crawler 129

Roll Tide
I just put solid knuckles on my crawler and rebuilt the kingpins with the Yukon kits . After one ride the passenger side is loose again . I am ruff on the old girl lol . Any recommendations on a better rebuild for 60 ? Thanks

springless arms?
nylon kingpin bushings breaking? doesn't someone sell brass bushings for them

Re: Kingpin help

Did you install new upper bushings, upper pin and lower bearing? Did you use a new spring? I've been running Solid knuckles and arms for years and never had an issue even after a full race season. Something doesn't jive and a springless arm likely won't fix whatever is going on, only possibly mask it for a while.

Yes I changed the bearings and the spring . I used everything that came in the Yukon kit. What do yall think about the solid inner c 's ? And who would be good to install them ? I don't trust myself to cut the tubes.

Re: Kingpin help

Odd. Really odd. Maybe the lower pocket on the C is worn slap out.

Installing the Cs is pretty simple, it's getting the old off that's fun.

Wide Open Design can hook you up if you're in their area. Otherwise there are multiple guys I would trust depending on where you are.

The C's may be bent. I've seen that before on a Chevy 60. One side was slightly tweaked and you couldn't really tell just by looking, but when you put an angle finder on it one side was bent down several degrees and the plastic bushing was trashed. You can't go wrong with the Solid C's though.

I had the same problem back in 96 when I did my kingpin rebuild, before all the new stuff out. I used 2 large 1/8" washers that fit the bore nicely and put the cap back on. slop was gone for almost a year. teflon sleeves are cheap once a year.

1TONTJ said:
The C's may be bent. I've seen that before on a Chevy 60. One side was slightly tweaked and you couldn't really tell just by looking, but when you put an angle finder on it one side was bent down several degrees and the plastic bushing was trashed. You can't go wrong with the Solid C's though.

TC would tell you different. Buy Cranes.

Back