• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lexan bodies

LOL! hahaha, i bet you could at low rpms on a buffer with a finishing pad and some swirl remover, plus you'd get one hella of a shine!:clappy:

Meguiars, has some 3 step polish for boat windows and stuff like that.

It might work.

Could check a fish store. THey have stuff they use to buff scratches out of acrylic tanks aswell but then again why worry about it when it will only get scratched worse? :flipoff:

Ya its a bit scratched up. Figured I would try to remove some of them seeing as how much time I put into painting the thing...

crash said:
Ya its a bit scratched up. Figured I would try to remove some of them seeing as how much time I put into painting the thing...
after awhile and a few hundred bodies, painting is only a 10 minute thing. :D

Once you get used to painting lexon, all it takes is a good flash off on the paint and you can go to town on the multi colors.

You might ruin one body trying to figure out what I am talking about, but I have been painting for years and not just lexon bodies. :D :clappy: :;

Dude said:
Once you get used to painting lexon, all it takes is a good flash off on the paint and you can go to town on the multi colors.

You might ruin one body trying to figure out what I am talking about, but I have been painting for years and not just lexon bodies. :D :clappy: :;
:wtf: did you just say. Could you say that in English...

Hell---you guys have any idea how hard it is to find the time to even do a body,lol.... The lil rigs actually will be taking a back seat for a lil while--got 2 decent jobs to do and then a big job so thats going to keep me busy :D

Hell I spend all day painting mine then I cut the piss out of them. I really need to use a blow dryer to dry the paint faster to speed the process up. :haha:

crash said:
Is there any way to buff out the scratchs in these lexan bodies?
You could use a meguires product part no. g12310 i sell alot of this with good feed back for cleaning up plastic headlight covers.Hope this helps.
________
FJR1300

Last edited: