• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Losi Rock Claws

redbullcrawler

Well back in the old days of the dinosaurs, when I use to build big trucks, I would run the losi lst tires. Then one day the guys here started to build the 2.2 trucks and I was hocked. Only problem was there was no 2.2 lst style tires. Swamp dawgs look great but didn't perform and moabs worked great but didn't have the look I like. Now they have givin us the tires Ive' always wanted. WO HO!!
Stef, Jeff and I went out and did some testing of the Losi Rock Claws. We left the moabs at home so there is no direct comparison here, but we know what our trucks can do. In my opinion the losi tires were a way better all around tire. I was able to make it through obstacles I couldn't before. They climb better to.
The Losi is a bit shorter but is a bit wider then the Moab.
DSC03592.jpg

DSC03593.jpg

Here is a shot of the rock ring that I was using on the moabs.
DSC03596.jpg

And a shot of the new ring that I had to make for the Losi tire.
DSC03595.jpg

The Losi tire can use a ring that is twice as thick and 1.5 -2 mm bigger in diameter.
I really like the look on a narrow axial rim. Has that full size I-Rock tire balloon look.
DSC03600.jpg

DSC03597.jpg

So I'm my opinion leave the Losi tire on the shell of the local hobby store, I'll be there later to buy then all up.
DSC03590.jpg

Yes, the claws perform better than any tire I've had, and they look great. I like the rounded look, just like a real tire, not flat across the tread.:awesomework: These are the only tires I will run now.:cool:

:awesomework: i bought a set from the LHSHOP and they kick azz... better than moabs... but keep quite cuz then everybody will be running these sweet tires...!! lol:D

Back