• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My curiousness in effect here

Jeepless

Sleep deprived and proud
What are you guys runnin, how much did it cost. I love these things, but have shyed away from them due to the cost.

crash said:
Maybe we need a post with rig specs and pics huh :redneck:
OH GAWD yes, we all know I love those pics, then I would never have to buy one!:flipoff:

Jeepless said:
What are you guys runnin, how much did it cost. I love these things, but have shyed away from them due to the cost.

Well, I have a top of the line tube buggy which is classified as an unlimited in class for comps.It is a combo of a Tamiya TXT axles and an E-Maxx transmission with other stuff to make it work. I have a $1000 into this one, but it is the most expensive to build and is a big scale rig.

I also have a TLT which I just built with an upper end way of doing it and have about $350 into it. It is classified as a 2.2 unlimited and is 1/10th scale.
You can build these rigs cheaper and still have a good rig.

I also have 3 Nylint 1/6 scale, these rigs are more or less fun "toys" to have some fun with and can be found for cheap at Walmarts and for sale sections on forums. You can get one of these for less than $150 and come with everything you need. Thes are not comp level rigs though, and I geuss some have said they break easy, but I have yet to break one of mine and have run the hell out of one of them more than once.

The speed controls, servos, and radios are the spendy part. But once you have a radio at least the cost of that is over. A good radio starts at $130 on up.

This hobby is just like the building the big rigs, it is all on how far you want to take it. A good cheap way to get into it is buying a rig for sale that is ready to go. All you have to do is some home work on what is a good rig to get and what not to get, or if you find one just ask here and I will honestly tell you if what you are wanting to get is the shizzle or not.

I hope you can join in on the fun, these things are really fun.

Last edited:
Very intresting Doug.....I might have to get one of these, since my Jeep sucks :flipoff:

toyota4x4matt said:
I have one from wal-mart and it is broke and cant find parts for it. but when it was running it was fun.
what did you break?? and what scale.

check out rccrawler for some great deals on some big trucks. These are Boyer tubers with clod axles. $500 including shipping on these, the chassis alone can set you back over $300.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29265

sale201ta.jpg

sale195qq.jpg

I got a 2.2 TLT I have about $2000 in now since I keep breaking axles, changing chassis, and burning up electronics. It has seen a TSC-10, RBX, home made, and atm is based on a Jefferson 2.2 chassis.

I have a SW2 chassis with pede tranny, maxx axles, LST tires that I'm in about $250 so far.

I also have a test chassis that has my max axels on it atm with a emaxx tranny, lst's and such I stole off my SW2 to test it out. One thing I did was make my electronics easy to switch between my rigs so I could try to stay cheap but it isn't working.

I'm also currently building a scale truggy based off of a juggernaut super duty hard body. Dumb thing takes up way to much time lol.

Once you get started it becomes a virus that makes you wish there was a cure for. I still have to build my 2 kids and wife a rig since they keep stealing mine.

so what would I be looking for to get infected by this "virus"??? I have played with crash's tlt for a little bit, but am kinda intruiged(sp) by them now, as it will be a while before my truck is ready to hit the trails again

Back