• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My wife's crawler/basher...

hlb3

Zombie Hunter
So I am finally close on having all the parts to start assembling my wife's crawler. I am pretty much building a 2nd crawler from all my old used parts. She likes playing with my crawler, but she tends to break things, so I am building this one for her to abuse. It is mostly going to be a basher for her to mess around with while I am crawling, but hopefully I will get her to a few comps to run in novice.

So here are the specs...

-A severely mutilated and narrowed AX10 chassis
-AX10 Tranny
-Axial axles
-TCS bent links w/slick sleeves
-Traxxas 3762 shocks with rod-ends added to the caps
-Losi white springs
-Hitec 5995tg servo
-Jato shafts
-35t Warrior
-Rooster 12t ESC
-JR XR3i radio
-Rock Claws mounted on Axial beadlocks

I will also be adding the Axial slipper clutch (to help prevent some breakage) and the Axial straight shafts and plastic adapters once they come out (help keep cost down). A dig of some sorts will be coming too, since I am trying to keep this thing on a lower budget, the VF unit is out, I will probably be taking another crack at a home made one...

Here is how it looked last night:
P1050388.jpg

P1050389.jpg

It will be running an '07 Silverado Extended cab body, it will be left as intact as possible and will be getting a nice girlie paint job (with the help of some custom masks from George). For comp use or other general bashing, the old hacked up Betty body will be going back on it.
P1050391.jpg

P1050392.jpg

I ran out to RC Hobbies and picked up the axle and a few other things and it is a roller now. As soon as I get my motor and ESC back from Nick (his Goat went poof before the last comp so he is running my old setup), it will be done. I'm pretty happy with the way it is sitting, these shocks are the perfect length, I have 2.75" under the belly which is right where I was hoping it would be. I may limit the flex a little more, but I will have to wait and see how it handles. Some pics:

P1050394.jpg

P1050395.jpg

P1050396.jpg

P1050397.jpg

So how'd the bathroom turn out this weekend? :redneck: :corn:

Looks good, hopefully I'll get my Goat back this week. Then we will all be happy. :awesomework:

So how'd the bathroom turn out this weekend? :redneck: :corn:
The walls look good as new, you can hardly tell a hyperactive little dog dug holes in them, didn't have any luck finding matching linoleum or trim though.

Looks good, hopefully I'll get my Goat back this week. Then we will all be happy. :awesomework:

Sweet, I'm sure Shelby will be happy. I will have to use your "paint booth" again pretty soon, get some nice pink and purple paint in the 720. :redneck:

So I got the masks from George today and they look great! I will be painting it tomorrow night at Nick's.

I also got the Axial HD lockers, they were $12.50ea so I ordered 2, turns out they come in a 2 pack, so I guess I have a set of spares. I got them installed, the shafts are a little loose in them (like the stockers), but hopefully they will hold up better, if they do it will be a $12.50 well spent. I also got the slipper clutch and got it installed, I'm planning on setting it up nice and tight, the only time I want it to slip is if it is bound up hard enough for a driveline to pop off (my wife is good at that).

The body is painted and it is girlie. :redneck: It isn't perfect, there are a few spots that didn't turn out great, but Shelby loves it so I am happy.

P1050401.jpg

P1050402.jpg

P1050403.jpg

P1050404.jpg

P1050405.jpg

P1050406.jpg

I would have liked to mount the body lower on the chassis, but Shelby didn't want it to be hacked up too much so I mounted it higher. I have a set of chrome and silver Proline beadlocks on the way, those should look much better than the black and green Axial ones.

Hopefully we can get a little crawling in this weekend...

Almost forgot, here is a rather humorous side by side. :redneck:

P1050407.jpg

P1050409.jpg

P1050410.jpg

It's like when you see the low rider trucks parked under the big trailer queens at the car shows. :haha:

Back