• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need peoples opinion

Paulie

Looking for man love
30 spline chromos or dual cases. dual cases for everything is around $600 and chromos are $650 right now. Whats your thoughts. i cant decide:mad:

Well if you put in the dual cases you will probabley brake shafts. Hard choice but You might want to do the shafts first

I think dual cases would be more bang for the buck.
Then again it would be nice to have stronger axles

chromos...then the doubler.

The doubler will double the amount of torque going to the axles you have now = snap crackle pop and a ruined wheeling trip.

It's hard to say. But you may as well do the upgrades if you got the $$$.... Knock on wood, but I haven't had any problems with you hubs or studs with my set up(lock rite, duals, longs, 5.29's, 39.5 Iroks and full hydro).

well with a front ARB and 35" Krawlers i dont think the hubs will go, im not super hard on it but the studs i might as well do right?

Paulie said:
well with a front ARB and 35" Krawlers i dont think the hubs will go, im not super hard on it but the studs i might as well do right?

don't see any reason to not do the studs so why not.....it's not my $$$$:redneck:

Ya'll are lost. I ran a full season with 38.5's and 190 to 1 with stock fronts and a arb/rear detroit. Its a fawking cheasestick axle and ya gotta drive without being locked up as most as possible.

If yer a ignorant driver than get beef axles before going slow.

im good at breaking things. so i might as well do it right and never worry about it. wheelin today at reiter there were times where i needed my front ARB on and used it but got really nervous turning. These tires are heavy and i can feel it wanting to pop these birfs.

Bunk said:
Ya'll are lost. I ran a full season with 38.5's and 190 to 1 with stock fronts and a arb/rear detroit. Its a fawking cheasestick axle and ya gotta drive without being locked up as most as possible.

If yer a ignorant driver than get beef axles before going slow.

yeah, but that's the advantage to having the arb vs a lock rite.:flipoff:

Toyotanut said:
yeah, but that's the advantage to having the arb vs a lock rite.:flipoff:

Paul(the thread starter in question) has a front arb. Just no driving talent.:flipoff: I was trying to slam it in his head that he has a weak ass axle and he needs to drive it without it locked up as much as possible...AND that it can easily be done with the right gearing if ya fear twig breakage.

Polish Polish Polish.....:flipoff:

Paulie said:
how would you know how i drive. Smartass

I know you dont drive smart. And everyone ive talked to made up my mind for me. Drive to the trail, wheel,drive home unbroken..Try it:flipoff:

Myself--I ran a # of years with dual cases before I started breaking front end parts. If I was to do it again I would hve done it the same way....

well as of now im gonna go ahead and pay off bills that way i can have both later around febuary. first ill start with duals cause i know if i dont lock in the front end then ill be good. i can still get it but wont break birfs. then eventaully get chromos. i forgot when i bought this thing it has 27 spline longfeilds. plus moving slow gives me more time to position myself then haulin ass and hittin it

Last edited:
I'd say chromolies first. bullet proof it before you gear it. Its like safety first-cage before lift. Besides I dont have em and I could use the 27 spline ones you got:D

Latest posts

Back