• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need Tubing!!!

ridinwfo

Can someone tell me where I can get tubing at a reasonable price? Or if anyone wants to sell some. I need tubing from 1 1/4" to 2". Building a cage, an exo and some bumbers and slidders for my Yota. I was told there is a steel yard down in Auburn Kent area, that is the cheapest around, but I can't find anything in the phone book for one. Someone help a guy out!!!!!!!

THANKS!! :D

If you are willing to drive a bit from redmond I would go to Everett Steel. They can be a little more expensive but their material is usually pretty good and its all indoor so its not rusted like it is at Whiteside in clearview.

I think Bunk has got me set for the material. Now I need to figure out what size for the cage and the exo cage and the sliders. Anyone have any ideas for tube sizes?

1.75" x .120 wall DOM will do you jusssst fiiiine :D . I would just use the same thickness of material throughout the whole cage/sliders/whatev. just my opinion.

I personally would do 1 3/4 for stuff thats getting hit. 1.5 is nice to follow tight contours since the die can bend it tighter than bigger tube. With a mechanical tube bender you can bend 3 times the dia of material..so the tightest bend from a 1.5 dia tube is 4.5..1 3/4 is 5.25 but they sell 5.5's i think..I would think you already have dies and know what size tube you can bend, Hopefully you dont have a HF pipe bender.

tclong said:
Everett steel does not sell dom.

But every once-in-a-while if you poke around you can find some:D
I get all my DOM from either morse or specialty metals corp.

no they don't but they can order it in for you was there last week. occasionally it will get ordered wrong and they will have extra. Only reason i know was i asked the salesman

Latest posts

Back