• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New bling

NotMatt

Tires were almost bald, so I ordered some new ones... and bought some used rims from a guy in Sultan. 285 MT/R's.... haven't even balanced them, doesn't feel like I need to, they ride nice and smooooth. No comments on the center caps, I only have two that match. :flipoff:

Mad props to Nuzzy for showing me the proper way to seat stubburn beads... "50% ether starting fluid **** that ****, where's the propane?" :redneck: Videos will be posted soon.... :flipoff:

Last edited:
Nice! Keep us updated on how u like those tires for a towrig. I'm gettin to the point where i'm gonna need new tires before snow hits and thats one of my options.

Looks good!

so are flares in the works? :D Wheels definitely change the look of the truck.. I just had to get some new caps. Even from Schwabs they were only 65 bucks.

Lucky Jeff said:
so are flares in the works? :D Wheels definitely change the look of the truck.. I just had to get some new caps. Even from Schwabs they were only 65 bucks.

No flares planned... don't really like how they look/stand out... I'm doubting that I'll get hassled too much about the tire sticking out either, it's not too bad.

Please let us know how they wear too.

I've seen MT/R's wear QUICK on big trucks, but my buddy has about the same size tire and he's had them on his F-350 for about 3 years now and they are still at about 50%/

a guy back east said he got 65k on his 315 MT/R's under his quad cab Ram.. That was my first choice.. But I just needed something that were rated for a little more weight..

There's different kinds of flares too.. I went as slim as I could find on mine.

crash said:
I found out something interesting tonight

Hydroplaining in a full size dodge kinda sucks,lol....
First time it rained here since I bought the truck (last weekend or something), I was totally amazed at how easily I could break the tires loose in 2nd gear... now... not so much. :redneck:

You need some big knobbies too Mike... :D

NotMatt said:
First time it rained here since I bought the truck (last weekend or something), I was totally amazed at how easily I could break the tires loose in 2nd gear... now... not so much. :redneck:

You need some big knobbies too Mike... :D

I need new tires but it seams a certain person has not payed me yet so I cannot buy new damn tires.... :mad:

The tires on my truck were pretty worn when I test drove it and it was raining lightly for the first time in quite a while. Needless to say, with 4.10 gears and limited slip, it pretty much spun the tires on the wet pavement from darn near every stop. After buying it, found how easily it could break the rear end loose going around a corner and giving it some juice in 3rd gear. Some new Toyo Open Country M/T 315/75R16s seem to have cured that, however. Maybe I'll have to snap a few pics...

just wait till you get a little extra into that good ole motor.. You'll be having issues with traction doing freeway speeds when it's damp out :D

Latest posts

Back