• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New crawlin spot

426rider

In orting, if you go into the center of town turn right at the main intersection and just before going over the river there is a park with a small baseball field and playground. There is also access to the river and along the bank is alot of rock.

The rock looks to be aranged rather evenly in the pics. Do you think there are enough lines with some difficulty to be found? Maybe good difficulty for 2.2 and a little easy for the super's? Whatcha think?

Right on sounds like it's just about perfect. I'll have to go check it out sometime soon. Especially because it's so close.

-Tom

Carnation has a cool place like that.
I alway see guys down there with their WalMart r/c's crawlin
over the rock garden............

I needed to test my 2.2 out, so I took a trip out to Orting. There is a ton of rock that they have dumped along the river. The site is still under some type of construction, so it will be interesting to see what happens with it. They have graded a road along the river, likely for access to dump all the rock in, and now it looks like they are working on the other side of the river.

There are tons of potential lines, and the rocks are great, with plenty of grip. There is parking, but no toliets (commercial area is just a few blocks away, though). I also noticed that river side of the rocks (the bottom) would be tough for some to get to, as there is no easy path to the bottom that I saw other than climbing straight down the rocks.

Here are some pics of the 2.2 in action:

sw2019el8.jpg

sw2029an9.jpg

sw2023kv7.jpg

sw2020zf0.jpg

Old school worked pretty well, but it seems to be lacking some on torque, and the motor and esc got a little warm. I'm going to swap to purple springs on the motor, but the Stealth may be a little short on reduction. Running the 8 cell pack did help in that department.

Thanks for the props on the body, I'm really happy with how it turned out, but it's going to need some more chopping, there is too much overhang in the back.

I was in the orting area today and stopped by to check out the location. Didnt think that I would be crawling because of the rain.

Guess what----the bridge has some nice rocks and lines under it and it is dry,so I broke out the crawler and played for a 1/2 hr.It quit raining while I was there,so I went ot the banks and played. They are tough as todd mentioned, but very do-able.

I ended up under the bridge again because it has larger rocks and more technical lines.

I really like this spot as it offers great parking, over a mile of river front rocks and 2 sides to the bridges larger rocks. Best of all the weather will never stop you from playing as the bridges provide great shelter.

A GTG needs to be planned for scouting and concenses on this spot for comp worthyness. I say it is a winner,especially this time of year. No matter what mother nature does the comp can go on.

Some other bodys need to get down there if nothing else and voice there opinions.

Back