• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

okay have some birthday money

How much do you have to spend? I built a Pede trans from all new parts for $30, not including bearings or spur adaptor. You can buy one for $50 ready to rock-n-roll.

so far I have $50, but have not gotten all of the family together yet, (my sister and my nephew were sick) so we are getting together next weekend, I usually get a couple O' Dollars more from my Grandma, but we'll see

I would start with a Tranny. I've seen some pretty nice builds using modded stock chassis plates, but no amount of tweaking will overcome the weakness of the belt drive tranny. Look around for deals, I saw a complete rustler on CL for $50 the other day.

You are also going to need driveshafts to mate to the tranny. Either stampede, jato, tmaxx; I've even seen revo used. Up to you. Do you have 2.2 wheels and tires? A strong metal geared servo? Those might be next.

Nathan

alright, pede and a 55T is on the way from tammies, and have pretty much decided on a SW2 chassis, so I have to figure out how to pay for that since I dont have a PayPal:lame:

The SW2 is a great chassis, but it's possible to modify the stock chassis while you are saving. If you need a bottom skid, you can use a cutting board to fab one.

well seing as how its borthday money, I am gonna just go for the SW2, but should I go for black, or the plain aluminum? I am thinking that with the plain alum. I could paint it WHATEVER color I want to seing as I work in a paint shop :cool:

oooh that means that I could paint the links and servo mounts the same colors, or even paint links and chassis plates for others huh? do you think that there would be much of a market for "custom colors" on a chassis?

Back