• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

old tires...

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
what is the best way to seperate old tires from rims, i have about 8 jsut sitting around, but no one wants them to roll down hills or use them for lawn ornaments, and im tired of them eing around. what's the best way to dispose of them short of taking them to the dump which will stil require seperating them from the rim. i just dont want to spend booko buck for a bunch of crappy tires to be removed:mad:

if you are just going to take them to the dump, you could just sawzall them off the rims, after breaking the bead.

Take them to a tire shop and pay them to take them

Free on craigslist?

Use a valve core tool or a pair of dykes and render the valve core inoperable. That removes the pressurized air from the tire. Then take your 6 inch grinder and put on a metal cutting wheel. A nice cut thru the edge of the wheel AND the edge of the tires lip where it seats to the rim, both front and back side. Then any old big screwdriver or little pry bar will peel the tire off from around the rim. Of course, this method does render both the tire and wheel unusable, but if you're throwing them away anyway, who cares? And I've found the Les Schwabby doesn't seem to mind too much if you drop off a couple of tires there and (at least here) we've got a metal recycler who'll take the rims for free.

Get ahold of your county's solid waste division. Here in King County they have days where you can take stuff that can't go in the trash to a site usually a local school parking lot. I got rid of about 10 tires/wheels last year. And its free.

Latest posts

Back