• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

quiet electric fans

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
does anyone know of an electric fan setup that is fairly queit, i have the slimline flexilite dual 12" fans in my s-10 now with a 350, and they sound like an airplane in mid flight:haha: is there a dual fan setup someone has used or is using that is a little quieter than this in a dual fan setup about the same size, (gonna be cooling a chevy 350 remotely on the radiator in the bed, along with a single fan blowing in the engine bay.)

why's it matter if it's quite? Not like your are in a corprate meeting with the thing:flipoff: Oh, I think my 16" electric fan is quieter than yours. I can here ya all they way out at my place when you start your truck up.:kissmyass:

Toyotanut said:
why's it matter if it's quite? Not like your are in a corprate meeting with the thing:flipoff: Oh, I think my 16" electric fan is quieter than yours. I can here ya all they way out at my place when you start your truck up.:kissmyass:
if i had brighter lights you'd prolly jump out a window of your house when i pull up thinking you were getting dive bombed:haha:

Mine's loud as well...no such thing as a "quiet" fan that is also functional. The noise is a combination of the flow of air through the radiator + the physical characteristics of the blades + rpm's

KarlVP said:
The fans from a ford taurus work pretty durn good. It's a 2 speed fan setup.

UH huh. 3.8 taurus fan or a spal. All i will ever run. Problem is the taurus fan can snatch alot of amps on start-up.

Maybee you need a louder stereo Boonie

Bunk said:
UH huh. 3.8 taurus fan or a spal. All i will ever run. Problem is the taurus fan can snatch alot of amps on start-up.

Maybee you need a louder stereo Boonie

the stereos loud enough:haha: i just figured there might have been a different fan out there, cus these are good fans i have but i've never heard electric fans this loud before and everyone i come across say they haven't heard fans this loud before, i know theyre powerful, it's just they seem noisier than a fan of comparable power.

Boonie Buster said:
the stereos loud enough:haha: i just figured there might have been a different fan out there, cus these are good fans i have but i've never heard electric fans this loud before and everyone i come across say they haven't heard fans this loud before, i know theyre powerful, it's just they seem noisier than a fan of comparable power.

What fan are you currently running? I got a spal, Its loud as hell. But it kept my toy cool as a cat. Hopefully it will work well where its at now.

What fan are you currently running? I got a spal, Its loud as hell. But it kept my toy cool as a cat. Hopefully it will work well where its at now.

i've got a dual Flexilite 12" reversible slim-line fan right now, i guess i really dont care TOOO much but i figure since the fans are going to be right behind my head basically i would like them to be a quieter, but i honestly could care less if i cant find a quieter set, staying cool is more important to me:D

i've got a dual Flexilite 12" reversible slim-line fan right now, i guess i really dont care TOOO much but i figure since the fans are going to be right behind my head basically i would like them to be a quieter, but i honestly could care less if i cant find a quieter set, staying cool is more important to me:D

that's what ear plugs are for:redneck:

Latest posts

Back