• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Radial tire comparison.... which do you all think is the best

StukPig

A while ago I created a post regarding going bias or radial and after reading what everyone said, I believe for what I plan on using my Toyota for that a Radial would better fit what I need. What I am now having difficulty with is making the decision as to which radial I should go with. I am looking for tires in the 35-37" by 12.5-13.5 on 15's or 16's (preferrably 15's) range. The main ones I am compairing are as follows:

1. Mickey Thompson MTZ
2. BFG KM2's
3. MTR's
4. MTR w/Kevlar
5. SSR's
6. Procomp X-Terrain

(FYI I am absolutely, positively, without a doubt not interested in the Toyo, so please do not recommend that tire to me)

What I am hoping to receive from this post is people's personal experiences with each of the above tires and what you think of them.

I am planning on doing 20-40% of "on-road" drive and 60-80% "off-road".

I appreciate everyone's input on this subject.

If the decision for you is radial, it'd be the KM2 or MTR---now if your on-road driving is hovering closer to the 20% range, I'd definitely go with a bias tire, something from interco...

bfg mud terrains will last you forever, and a good tire, Boggers or iroks will not last you forever however they are a great tire

I agree. However the 37 Krawlers are only available with a 17 inch rim, so you'd need to stay with the 35s if you want a 15 inch rim.

I am NOT a fan of Procomp.

I agree with this. I went from irok to the km2 (which I tore 3 sidewalls) to the 35x13.5 krawler and I will never own a different tire!

I think horus has had like 3 bad KM2's as well.

they don't seem to be holding up well

I replaced one of mine aswell before going back to swampers.:beer:

Them damn radial mud tires CHUCK more rocks at your rig than any bias knobby Ive ever ran. Just with 33x12.50 bfg mudders I learned not to drive with my arm hangin out the window anymore, OUCH!:mad:

If interested I have a nice set of five 33x12.5x15 bfg mudders on nice weld typhoons. Sweet road hazzard warranty too.:corn:

I replaced one of mine aswell before going back to swampers.:beer:

Them damn radial mud tires CHUCK more rocks at your rig than any bias knobby Ive ever ran. Just with 33x12.50 bfg mudders I learned not to drive with my arm hangin out the window anymore, OUCH!:mad:

If interested I have a nice set of five 33x12.5x15 bfg mudders on nice weld typhoons. Sweet road hazzard warranty too.:corn:

What? You don't have fender flares and mud flaps to stop that from happening?

for shame:fawkdancesmiley:

I have been very suprised how well the X-terrains have worked on my Jeep but she also weights over 5000 Lbs. Yes the side walls leave a bit to be desired but overall they have been good.....

Irok radial hands down

I have been very suprised how well the X-terrains have worked on my Jeep but she also weights over 5000 Lbs. Yes the side walls leave a bit to be desired but overall they have been good.....

ran the Pro Comp XT's also; better than most plain MT's but not close to the Irok

Last edited:
KM2s which i dont brag about, still feeling them out. kinda wish i went original KMs.
and the YJ has LTBs. They look mean, but actually work worse than a radial without having beadlocks.

if they made LTB's int he size i want.. thats what i'd run.

KM2s which i dont brag about, still feeling them out. kinda wish i went original KMs.
and the YJ has LTBs. They look mean, but actually work worse than a radial without having beadlocks.

i have seen the 34" LTB perform well no beadlocks and on an IFS F/R locked Yota