• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recovery Anyone

mud1059

I don't post here much, I'm sorry for that. Nonetheless, I have a friends CJ up at Elbe (yes again). It seems that there's mud packed in the clutch. It's not currently under it's own power. I know the swapmeet is tomorrow, if anyone is capable and able to assist in it's recovery, it'd be greatly appreciated. The other two rigs in the party took a ton of abuse today capabilities are questionable. If you're available, please contact me at 253 826 3849. Also, if there's a trail remedy that we're unfamiliar with, I'd love to hear it. mud1059@yahoo is my email if that helps. Thanks for your time gents.

I've been able to get mud out of clutches a couple times by two methods.

An old school fire extinguisher that you fill with water then pressurize with air. Remove the clutch cover (hopefully you have one of those tin type inspection plates underneath) and hose her out while pumping the clutch and occasionally turning the motor over.

Also on a sami was able to use the winshield washer fluid hose and squirt that through the small opening in the top side of the bellhousing. Got the mud out and the thing worked.

I'd bet you'd guess right. On our way up there now. We're about 1/4 mile past the Cherokee where it splits up 3 wide. It'll be out today hopefully, just a matter of what time.

Just to let you know. It is next to impossible to get mud out of a diaphram style clutch. I hosed mine on the last recovery mission. Only way is to take it apart.

There is a guy with a HUGE red FJ 40 Cruiser that dinks around up there. Nancy Barker with the DNR may have his number. He can haul you out.

Wasn't the clutch, however my little Cherokee pulled that SOB out the entire way with no power to the tires (some winching too).

New problem is there's another rig stuck up there right now. Broke front output in Tcase and busted rearend. I have a rear for him (offset 44). I have no idea what his plans are to get this out. Here's his # if anyone's interested: 360 872 0595. His name's Garret and I think he has Monday off. If it waits till this weekend, I won't cry. 2 days on the busy is more than enough for me. I'm not sure how much more my rig can take. He has no other 4x4 contacts so any and all help is appreciated. We ramped and wedged what we could to make the first extraction easier, this SHOULD be much easier once the rear is replaced.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Paul

Latest posts

Back