• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stazworks Double Bead Lock Pressed Centers?

Metalbender

-=WTF=-
Are the pressed centers worth the $30 extra per 17" rim? I will be running them on my yj with full body, 60'S, 39.5, sm465 trany ext. Not a supper light rig, not that heavy either, I am guessing somewhere around 4,500-5,000 pounds loaded.
Do I need to spend the extra money to insure I will not bend a rim. I have never bent the center of a rim, nor do I know anyone who has.

Has any one running these stazworks rims or any other rim, ever bent the center of a standard non pressed rim???????

Last edited:
There are some other things to think about...

On a 17" rim it won't be too noticable but there is the opportunity for deflection. You get a rim pinned and apply the HP it will flex the flat plate.

On a 20" it is really noticable...

The results are that you might not bend the rim but the deflection might put the shell a little to close to caliper and other clearance items...

I would buy pressed centers...

I have flat Staz centers and they are all bent to ****. I'm talking so bent the tire wobbles a foot at the end. No matter what DO NOT GET FLAT CENTERS!!!

briejer said:
I have flat Staz centers and they are all bent to ****. I'm talking so bent the tire wobbles a foot at the end. No matter what DO NOT GET FLAT CENTERS!!!

Same problem guys who are running flat centers on H1 wheels. Berne also has a wheel all bend up due to the flat center...

crash said:
Same problem guys who are running flat centers on H1 wheels. Berne also has a wheel all bend up due to the flat center...

i was gonna mention that. i think they were 3/8" thick centers.

Hey Berne you coming up this weekend for the wedding?

crash said:

Yup and I have the CAD files someplace...
Another thing is that on a flat center the Lug bolt holes are simply countersunk. If you look at virtually all sub 1-ton steel wheels you will notice that the countersink is formed. The shape is such that when you tighten the lug to the specified torque the shape deforms and puts the Lug Nut under tension there are two reasons for this. Primarily it keeps the lug nut tight as the wheel vibrates allowing a lower torque value on the stud and nut. It also introduces a specific amount of compliance to the wheel allowing it to flex, spring back rather then simply bend.

If Berne had gone with a 4xxx steel center, or added even more weight by welding ribs on to the face maybe… Live and learn:mad:

Chris

Latest posts

Back