• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Steering Shafts

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
where do you buggy guys go/get your steering shafts?(the actually fixed part that's connects to the steering wheel??? do you make them? I'm thinking this might be a better route than what i'm trying to go...:eeek:

where do you buggy guys go/get your steering shafts?(the actually fixed part that's connects to the steering wheel??? do you make them? I'm thinking this might be a better route than what i'm trying to go...:eeek:

You want the steering shaft...the steering column...or the quick release steering wheel adaptor?

You want the steering shaft...the steering column...or the quick release steering wheel adaptor?

probably all of it. I think it's going to be too much work to try and make the column i have now suitable for what i want. so ya, i'd need the shaft with the two u-joints the column and quick release and steering wheel.

Borgenson makes the shafts and flaming river makes the shafts and steering columns...there are others.

Be prepared to bend over and take it though, that **** ain't cheap.

Borgenson makes the shafts and flaming river makes the shafts and steering columns...there are others.

Be prepared to bend over and take it though, that **** ain't cheap.

that's what i'm finding out:booo: I figure i shouldn't have to worry about stuff wobbling or coming apart though if i go this route instead of piecing it together.

1.5 dom .120 wall tube with brass bushings in each end for column. 3/4 round stock or 3/4 tube with a quick release coupler for wheel and a 3/4 steering shaft u-joint at the bottom, all parts can be had local (Monroe) and around $100.

1.5 dom .120 wall tube with brass bushings in each end for column. 3/4 round stock or 3/4 tube with a quick release coupler for wheel and a 3/4 steering shaft u-joint at the bottom, all parts can be had local (Monroe) and around $100.

I have the tubing.... where would i get the bushings and other stuff? especially the u-joints:eeek:

I get my bushings from the local hardware store Coast to Coast has them. The u-joints can be had from one of the race car shop in the industrial park.

Latest posts

Back