• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

stock ride height

FordFrk06 said:
anyone know the stock ride height of a second gen IFS toyota pickup? i forgot to measure mine before we tore into it.
About 13-13.5" from the top of a 15" rim to the front fender lip.

How about distance between the top of the axle tube and the underside of the frame in the rear? For suspension height?

Thanks

Symon623 said:
How about distance between the top of the axle tube and the underside of the frame in the rear? For suspension height?

Thanks
:haha: :haha: :haha: ....never measured that. :flipoff: it'll differ between 4runners and pickups too, runners tend to sag a bit over the years, mabye 1-2". Just measure the front and assume the bed rails or cap rails are supposed to be level and extrapolate from there.

FordFrk06 said:
that equals what from the fender lip to the ground?
From the top of a 15" rim to the fender

brianmeasure.jpg

:flipoff: I know, I'm a smartass. :clappy: Can't say what it would equal to the ground, tire size changes that. This measuring method measures JUSt your lift height not counting lift from larget tires.

Last edited:
Symon623 said:

Thanks

Ok sy....... it's time for some pics of your new rig! by the way, I might be in Phoenix next week on a paid tow. I'm thinkin' lunch at In-n-out burger! :flipoff:

skrause said:
From the top of a 15" rim to the fender

brianmeasure.jpg

:flipoff: I know, I'm a smartass. :clappy: Can't say what it would equal to the ground, tire size changes that. This measuring method measures JUSt your lift height not counting lift from larget tires.
right. ok, thanks, smartass.:flipoff:

megatoy66 said:
Ok sy....... it's time for some pics of your new rig! by the way, I might be in Phoenix next week on a paid tow. I'm thinkin' lunch at In-n-out burger! :flipoff:

I'll be here, but some of us have to work real jobs. :D

Shane, I know the 4runners sag. I was just curious about the dim. My Willys is built on a 88 4runner frame and the new rig will be on a 85 frame, which has different front rails, so I thought a rear measurement might help me out?? BTW, it's on coils and the same coils are going into the new rig.

Symon623 said:
I'll be here, but some of us have to work real jobs. :D

Shane, I know the 4runners sag. I was just curious about the dim. My Willys is built on a 88 4runner frame and the new rig will be on a 85 frame, which has different front rails, so I thought a rear measurement might help me out?? BTW, it's on coils and the same coils are going into the new rig.
Just use the middle of the frame then, the flat bottom of the rails is a good area to compare with. Somewhere there's a drawing of the '85 dimensions online, I think Bud put it up a while ago.

Latest posts

Back