• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tailgate thingy's

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
I don't know exactly what they are called---but the replacement tailgates (typically found on rigs with a goosneck) you see. I know jobless has one. Anybody have any info on good ones? I don't wanna put my tailgate back on but I like to have something back there to keep stuff from sliding out.

The nice thing about the gooseneck tailgates is most of them are really light, makes it nice for taking the tailgate off for the camper. The bad thing is, the ones i've seen dont have the stopping cable thingies. But i have faith that u could rig something up if u wanted to :clappy:

snwbrdpunk16 said:
The nice thing about the gooseneck tailgates is most of them are really light, makes it nice for taking the tailgate off for the camper. The bad thing is, the ones i've seen dont have the stopping cable thingies. But i have faith that u could rig something up if u wanted to :clappy:

Mine has provisions for installing the factory cables for holding it up.

ok well if you wrecked it I suppose that's ok :kissmyass:

BTW my 5th gear nut would have never come off.. Some have a notch in the shaft to hold the nut in place :flipoff:

TTF Fabrication said:
your transmission will transform itself into a NV4500 and spin the 5th gear nut off within 10 miles...

Going from a 47RE to an NV4500 for the price of a 5th gear fix would still be a good deal in my book. :D

Latest posts

Back