• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thinkin of building a crawler....

Boosted

Ok, so while Im in SC, I was thinkin I should build me an RC Crawler.... If I decide to do this, what should I build? Should I go hybrid or just build something out of the box? Keep in mind I dont want simple or junk. Has to be top notch stuff.

Thanks, Bill :awesomework:

he he he......

Here is a good start bill..

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/index.php

Browse around

And here is my local club....

http://warcrc.org/phpBB/index.php

And my first question--do you want one thats comp worthly or something that you can just have fun with?

You have a few different options, the losi (which is a decent rig but unless you are ready to get pissed at it---not for you).

Another good one is the Ax10, you can get the RTR or the standard one and tailer the rig to your liking more...

Then you have the top--the MOA's--which for somebody starting out--I would not consider that.

he he he......

And my first question--do you want one thats comp worthly or something that you can just have fun with?

You have a few different options, the losi (which is a decent rig but unless you are ready to get pissed at it---not for you).

Another good one is the Ax10, you can get the RTR or the standard one and tailer the rig to your liking more...

Then you have the top--the MOA's--which for somebody starting out--I would not consider that.

You mean I cant just have a box of parts sent to you??? :;

Im thinking either a losi or ax10. Havent decided yet, but will probably be between those two. BTW, I have a lot of RC experience so working on it isnt an issue.

These are for sale all over the place, just buy one it will be alittle cheaper. Make changes as you go.

Just my .02.

Figure out what you want yet :redneck:

Think I want a losi....unless you talk me out of it. Then I will get a Axial.

BTW, I have tons of RC experience so wrenchin on it is no concern.

And Jeepless is right, if anything I will probably buy from someone getting rid of thier chit. :awesomework:

Think I want a losi....unless you talk me out of it. Then I will get a Axial.

BTW, I have tons of RC experience so wrenchin on it is no concern.

And Jeepless is right, if anything I will probably buy from someone getting rid of thier chit. :awesomework:

Some of the basic principals for RC stuff apply to the crawling stuff--but it truely is a whole different ball game :awesomework:

I would go over on RCC and read up on the losi's. The only real issue is the motors getting hot...

Some of the basic principals for RC stuff apply to the crawling stuff--but it truely is a whole different ball game :awesomework:

I would go over on RCC and read up on the losi's. The only real issue is the motors getting hot...

Got all the tools n stuff so no biggie there. Got pro lvl chargers, high end soldering iron, chit load of misc R/C crap so Im good there. Setups will obviously differ, but I will catch on....or copy someone elses and tweak from there.

If losi's only issue is motors getting hot, that shouldnt be too much of an issue. Gear it differently, mount auxillary fan, call losi (horizon) and bug their tech ppl....haha :;

Got all the tools n stuff so no biggie there. Got pro lvl chargers, high end soldering iron, chit load of misc R/C crap so Im good there. Setups will obviously differ, but I will catch on....or copy someone elses and tweak from there.

If losi's only issue is motors getting hot, that shouldnt be too much of an issue. Gear it differently, mount auxillary fan, call losi (horizon) and bug their tech ppl....haha :;

Its not a bad rig. Another issue is the aftermarket support for them haven't catched up with the realease of the rig like the AX10---but it will. And entrex(sp) is also doin an MOA kit for the axles....

So tell me Mike....Losi or AX10?

Thanks, Bill :;

Ax10 bill. LOTs of aftermarket support and can be made into a good rig.

Ax10
DNA dig

Mip driveshafts

HB white dot rover tires

make for a good setup once you get the link geometry right :awesomework:

i thought it was the diff's getting hot? the one jeremy and i ran the diff's seemed to get pretty warm with the worm drive set-up. cool rig though, i have 2 axials, a buggy one and a jeep bodied one with a dig unit

Last edited:
Diffs getting hot was early on. They have fixed that issue with the bull gear on the new ones shipped out the door......

But--for a true comp rig you cannot beat an MOA :awesomework:

But--for a true comp rig you cannot beat an MOA :awesomework:

has yet to be seen for sure, a MOA still hasn't taken the WARCRC championship. :; and there was more than one MOA all of last year. This year could be different, we will see, first 2 comps this year was won by a shaft drivin rig. :corn:

Last edited:
has yet to be seen for sure, a MOA still hasn't taken the WARCRC championship. :; and there was more than one MOA all of last year. This year could be different, we will see, first 2 comps this year was won by a shaft drivin rig. :corn:

Thats because its still a driver hobby...

Back