• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

thinking of installing tube fenders

Mean Green

Duh, which way do I go, George?
I have to have the fenders replaced on my LJ and am thinking of installing tube fenders from Metalfusion. I am looking at them because thier panels are removable. This would allow for easy access to the area under the master cylinder and battery compartment. Has any one heard good/bad about these fenders?

http://www.metalfusionfab.com/tube_fenders.htm

Also Interested in your thoughts about tube fenders verses OEM fenders. Since the Jeep is a 2004, body style and looks are almost as important as functionality.

Also the Metalfusion fenders I am looking at would include a 6 1/4" flare. The flare is supposed to have a 5 degree down slope to break up the flatness on top. They are prototypes right now but they said they will be in production in a couple of weeks. Here is a link to a rough prototype of the flare.

http://www.metalfusionfab.com/flares_coming_soon.htm

All comments will be appreciated.

They look the same as Poison Spyders, but about $100 bucks cheaper, I am going to go with the same fenders once mine are crumpled beyond recognition, but I think 6 1/4" flare is a tad too wide, the stock flares are around 3" and look pretty good with a 35" tire, I can't imagine tacking on another 3", matter of fact I think you would need to keep it under 80 to keep from taking flight. I do like tube fenders though.

Jaydog said:
They look the same as Poison Spyders, but about $100 bucks cheaper, I am going to go with the same fenders once mine are crumpled beyond recognition, but I think 6 1/4" flare is a tad too wide, the stock flares are around 3" and look pretty good with a 35" tire, I can't imagine tacking on another 3", matter of fact I think you would need to keep it under 80 to keep from taking flight. I do like tube fenders though.

I think they only come with the 6 1/4" flare. Besides when I had the stock 3" flares on my rig with 35" MTRs, I got a fix it ticket complements of the Bellevue Police. Bastards...

Mean Green said:
I think they only come with the 6 1/4" flare. Besides when I had the stock 3" flares on my rig with 35" MTRs, I got a fix it ticket complements of the Bellevue Police. Bastards...

Unbelievable, I think they should have commen sense tests before handing out a police badge to just any ol' yahoo.

When I had my YJ I bought the Kit from Metalfusion and they turned out great. I made my own panels out of diamond plate and made my own tabs out of some angle iron and then I Herculined them. Turned out pretty good...I know the new owner of my YJ is enjoying them:beer:

nappy_yota said:
When I had my YJ I bought the Kit from Metalfusion and they turned out great. I made my own panels out of diamond plate and made my own tabs out of some angle iron and then I Herculined them. Turned out pretty good...I know the new owner of my YJ is enjoying them:beer:

Cool man I'm glad to hear from someone that has had them.:D I'm really looking forward to getting them installed.
Yea, the removable panels :super: are pretty much what sold me on those, instead of poison spyder or someone else's.

Latest posts

Back