• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tires

79chevy39.5's

ok so ive got my rockwells on and pretty much set up now im thinkin about tires:
ive got 20's with the axels so my tire choice is up to either get some tractor tires, or go with iroks, or just save money and get hummers and tsl's.
but heres my thinking
tractors-good in mud but where else and are probly stiff like michlins
iroks 41x14.5x20-not really the size i want and more money for radial
irok 49x21x20- way expensive and requires more lift than i want
hummers+tsl's-longer till tires and therefore not so much wheelin
what do you guys think?

flame away

If it were me I wouldnt go any smaller than a 44", those 6.72's make you run out of motor real quick. Tons of torque but, I'm running 46's and my top speed is about 40mph.

i dont really wanna go with much more lift than about 8-10 inches so my tire size is kind of limited to 44's anything bigger and ill have no flex and top speed isnt a concern.

As long as its a 44 it'll be fine. As for what tire, dont get michelins, I've got them and I'm ditching them for a goodyear ag tire. The ags arent the best on straight rock but they do real well everywhere else.

My trucks really not as tall as most think its about 7 and a half feet. Its extremely stable aswell. 75% of my weight is unsprung so the thing sticks to the ground like glue, its also helps having a very flexible suspension, I like it.:D

mjp1080 said:
My trucks really not as tall as most think its about 7 and a half feet. Its extremely stable aswell. 75% of my weight is unsprung so the thing sticks to the ground like glue, its also helps having a very flexible suspension, I like it.:D

7 and a half feet dang! mines only like 6'2"

wagon or pick up or flatty:flipoff: i dunno the only reason my truck is as tall as it is now is because the top loader design of the rockwells:looser: :puke:

79chevy39.5's said:
wagon or pick up or flatty:flipoff: i dunno the only reason my truck is as tall as it is now is because the top loader design of the rockwells:looser: :puke:

Flatty duh lol

Yes but that top loader design gets you more ground clearance, you have to give up somthing to gain somthing i guess

it wasnt for ground clearance it was for gears and strength and price got both for less than a dana 60 so i jumped on em and mine dont aftermarket skids either

79chevy39.5's said:
it wasnt for ground clearance it was for gears and strength and price got both for less than a dana 60 so i jumped on em and mine dont aftermarket skids either

How much you score those things for? if you dont mind me asking

79chevy39.5's said:
i paid 800 for both and they even had some sweet semi tires and rims for mock up

Thats an awesome deal!:cheer: but anyway this thread is about tires sorry for distracting back on topic, you might look into pitbull tires i think it is Boxxerace has some and they work pretty good not sure all there sizes and such but myabe look into it

79chevy39.5's said:
the biggest ones are 39.5's and id love those but too small so its either tsls or tractors really

Hmm i thought they went bigger, there are boggers that big as well. I see people who cut out that middle lug quite often for better traction and there side walls are softer

Latest posts

Back