• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tonga ridge parking

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Has anybody been up there recently who has towed? We used to park and unload at the ranger station but I am hearing they don't like that anymore and planing on heading up for a lil snow fun in the am.... But in any case for the life of me I can't remember how well they plow the road you turn onto after the renger station to head up.

Yep, theres a wide spot after you cross the 1 lane bridge, also after you go under the railroad trestle theres a pretty good sized turnout.

Cascade_Crawler said:
Yep, theres a wide spot after you cross the 1 lane bridge, also after you go under the railroad trestle theres a pretty good sized turnout.

I've always parked before the train trestle on the left side, plenty of room to park and unload

Yes there are a couple good turn outs to park not sure how plowed they are right now, last weekend they werent at all. Me and Boxxerace may be up there tomorow too wahoo. Crash do you have an open seat? I might suggest parking it at a gas station nerbey and unloading there im sure they wouldnt mind you driving a 1/16th of a mile to the trailhead

Any of you ever go up and over, and back down the north road?
It makes a loop of sorts. (see image )

Skykomish-Ranger-Station.jpg

Oh, and I promise not to drive my Subaru up Tonga this weekend.

And Sam, your going up with me dude on I-90 treeboy.

subaru_deep_blur.jpg

Boxxerace said:
Any of you ever go up and over, and back down the north road?
It makes a loop of sorts. (see image )

Skykomish-Ranger-Station.jpg

Oh, and I promise not to drive my Subaru up Tonga this weekend.

And Sam, your going up with me dude on I-90 treeboy.

subaru_deep_blur.jpg

I know that now lol, i posted that before i knew where we were going lol

According to the folks at the ranger station, Tonga Ridge is closed.

But as to parking. The road on the Left right before the ranger station is where we parked yesterday on our run. Even 50 Feet in and it was pretty bad. 4WD tow rig would be fine, but Gary had some trouble with his 2wd. Or, like me, no tow rig and just drive on up.

Latest posts

Back