• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow rig

bobbed_84_toy

ALWAY$ BROKE
I'm definitely going to need a tow rig to haul my piles-o-junk around. I plan on building dual car trailer with my old man so I can haul both piles at the same time.

Kinda lookin for something along these lines. http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/car/282051208.html

Prefer a Ford
Diesel is a must
5sp
extended or quad cab
Long bed

That asking price seems way too high for me. What would be a good price to start haggling?

As usual, go 'head and post all your other 'pinions :beer:

Well the asking price seems about right. First thing I'd do is save up some cash for when you decide you want some power and just drop a Cummins in it. I have seen way too many people start dropping money hand over fist into a powerstroke and end up swapping the motor or just getting a new truck because they just flat out want more. No I'm not a Ford hater, that's just what I see on a regular basis.

From first hand expierence, the newer 7.3 powerstrokes have a lot more power than the older ones. I had a 97 and it was a gutless wonder. But my 02 is a different story. Lots of power for being mostly stock. 4" exhaust is all i have.

The 97 will do u just fine for a tow rig.

Well I'm not a big fan of diesels to start with. I'm not looking for somethin to get 400hp and 1100 ft lbs out of. I just need something that'll tug a pair of yota's around:cool:

I would much rather spend my money building a 450 horse sbc that'll run 8000 rpm for one of the toys than spending it on the tow rig. As long as it gets me to where I need to go i'm good:kiss:

But you think that's a pretty fair price Jeff?

I'll wait a little while and see if the price drops. If it drops down to around 11 I'll go for it. If not, oh well:corn:

For a crew cab 97 that is that clean, yea that price seems fair. It will haul it all around just fine. I just get pissed when something slows me down going up a hill :redneck:

Latest posts

Back