• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

We Vs. They

Forest Service Off-Road Vehicle Management Reform Rulemaking

Washington Wilderness Coalition (WWC) is taking a lead role in Washington (and Oregon) as part of a national campaign to persuade the Forest Service to reform ORV rules to allow off-road vehicles to drive only on designated roads and off-road vehicle routes. . This change would stop the unchecked use of off-road vehicles and place reasonable limits on their use in National Forests while preserving a quality recreational environment for all users.

I did not read very deeply into the website, but having people wheel by the rules seems like a good idea.

What do you guys think of this email I sent?

Dear Nalani,

Greetings. My name is Tyler Larson, I am a student at Seattle University who is interested in your program. I am interested because I love the wilderness, and respect it fully. I enjoy hiking, backpacking, camping, as well as ORV recreation. I've found myself straddled over the opposing sides to this issue, because I participate in both. There is a large very respectable ORV community that strictly abides by treading lightly, and I find that your site

Their not interested in working with you (us) they want to control us:booo: We have tried several times to work with these kind of groups and always end up with the same results. They want to take but give nothing:mad:

It sounds like they are small and unorganized. Some of the links on the site do not even work.

Aside from that, I agree we should work together across the board, even if such examples are clearly anti - wheel oriented (I mean both literally and figuratively). I did not see mountain bikes on the list afterall.

Located just a few hours from over half of Washington's population, wild roadless areas still thrive in the Skykomish River Valley despite decades of heavy logging in the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. Fondly referred to as the "Wild Sky," the area features imposing mountain peaks, pristine alpine lakes, vast flower meadows, and ancient forest stands with 8-foot-diameter Douglas firs and cedars. Streams in the lowland valleys offer some of the best remaining salmon and steelhead habitat in the Puget Sound Basin. Angling, hiking, horsepacking, kayaking, rafting, mountain climbing, backcountry camping, wildlife watching, snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing are popular activities in this special wild country.

i think it's fake. the site seems poorly fabricated and they still have yet to reply. could it be moreso an icon than an actual organization? conspiracy:stirpot: i say this because it would be in an environmentalist's bes interest to create these hollow web pages like this to make the eco-friendly community seems stronger and more prevalent. did anyone else see that pic of the guy hiking through the ruts? how lame is that?:shaking: when i saw that... i was thinking... why the hell are you hiking on an orv trail, asswipe. go back to your own trail or quit bitching. propaganda at its worst.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back