• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you consider...

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
What do you consider the Tie Rod to be? btw, this is a serious question, due to a miscommunication on something i just recieved. I bought a high steer arm from a company (remain nameless until all is said and done) and i had asked for the Tie Rod hole on the drivers side arm to be reamed for a 3/4 chevy end. they got the hole ream right, but not the position. So my real question is....

Do you consider the inside hole on the steering arm the Tie Rod hole, or the outside?

crash said:
Typically the inside is for the tie rod--outside for the draglink..

Yup.

Tie-rod goes from knuckle to knuckle. Drag link goes from pitman arm to passenger knuckle or high steer arm. drag link in front, tie-rod in back.

crash said:
Typically the inside is for the tie rod--outside for the draglink..

ok then something needs to happen with the arm i got today because apparently i wasn't specific enough in telling him the TIE ROD hole:mad: :mad: :mad:

thanks for the afirmation guys:D always appreciated:cool:

EDIT: email sent to the seller............

On the drivers side there should only be one hole. Cause you don't attach the drag link to the drivers side.

Two on the right and one on the left.

Or does this company make just one arm and flip it depending what side it is on??

I have to go against the masses here. Inside or outside hole makes no difference. The way I understand it for correct acerman angle the tie rod hole has to be toward the outside of the arm, past the ball joint. How far past the ball joint depends on your wheel base. Drag link hole just depends on where it will work. Could be anywhere.

for simplicity, its the hole that matches the location of the single hole on the other arm.

Binder said:
I have to go against the masses here. Inside or outside hole makes no difference. The way I understand it for correct acerman angle the tie rod hole has to be toward the outside of the arm, past the ball joint. How far past the ball joint depends on your wheel base. Drag link hole just depends on where it will work. Could be anywhere.

Thats ok, you had an IH so your excempt..

cisco said:
for simplicity, its the hole that matches the location of the single hole on the other arm.

only problem is that it doesnt match up either hole at all. it's off by about an inch or so either way, i mean i could use it but one tire would turn slightly faster than the other, im thinking about having them just send me a blank arm and have it drilled myself by someone. anyone?:corn:

I also question why the drivers side arm has more than one hole....????

is this an aussie rig or something??

Boonie Buster said:
only problem is that it doesnt match up either hole at all. it's off by about an inch or so either way, i mean i could use it but one tire would turn slightly faster than the other, im thinking about having them just send me a blank arm and have it drilled myself by someone. anyone?:corn:

What??!! They really designed (and sold??) a steering arm set with dissimilar effective arm lengths?

Who is it?

64FJ40 said:
What??!! They really designed (and sold??) a steering arm set with dissimilar effective arm lengths?

Who is it?

before i let people know who it is, i wanna make sure everything is said and done. but in their defense, i'm not using their arm on the other side (passenger side) which i guess would make sense as to why the distances are off, i'm just hoping theyre able to make one for me thatll work:haha:

Latest posts

Back