• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's the appeal...

Not Jobless

Mr Funbags
...of the Naches area over Memorial Day long weekend?

How much wheelin can you get in with 10,000 other vehicles stuck, broken and blocking the trails...most of which will still be covered in snow?

Having done it two or three times it only seems to get more and more crowded and there's always some a-hole blocking the trail you are on...

...I guess it be allright if you have plenty to drink :beer: and you go over with the intention of doing more socializing than wheelin :hi:

I'm going just to wheel the rocks, and hang out. More or less to meet everyone and have fun.

I'm going just to wheel the rocks, and hang out. More or less to meet everyone and have fun.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that it is rare to be able to "wheel the rocks" on memorial weekend. The rocks will still have snow on them, and the trails to the rocks will be clogged with the previously mentioned 1,000 broke and/or stuck assholes. It will take you the majority of the day just to get to the rocks, and probably even longer to get back to camp. Memorial weekend is by far the worst weekend to try to "wheel the rocks." If that is your goal, you'll have a much better time pretty much any other weekend between June and October.

Ben knows the are better, but I have to agree.

I'll take a 2-day weekend and actually get some wheeling done and be able to move down any trail at what ever pace you choose over sitting and waiting for stupid people.

Plus there is just plain the traffic on the roads home with everyone else that went east that weekend.

Kind of like Disneyland (for those that have gone). Go in the off-season or during the week and you and have your choice of rides and time... go during the peak season on a weekend.... you can wait 2+ hours for one ride.... in the boiling sun :puke:

I'll stay home, get some things done around the house, then take a day off from work if I really want a 3-day weekend.

:rolleyes:

Good question Brad. I guess for some its just 'tradition'... and everyone else is doing it. Atleast this year there is a valid and good option.
________
Best Penny Stocks

Last edited:
the other issue is each year there is so much damage created in the trails because they are still muddy...

i went once, it was sunny and nice, only snow in the crevaces at the rocks.

i went another time it rained and snowed the entire weekend, we still got some wheeling in but it was a muddy mess everywhere.

im going to goldendale.:;

ahhhh, duh..... Guess I should read instead of skim. Were our tracks still there? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI8dlnbwZ3Q

You guys actually passed by us when we were on our way in......I lost the trail and started to follow some quad tracks and ended up stuck in a tree well. We missed the trail by 50'. Your tracks were still there and we made a few of our own at the Rocks.:D

Latest posts

Back